THE SNOW SHOWERS ALONG THE ARCTIC FRONT WERE ALL IT TOOK. WE HAD  

LITTLE SNOW AVAILABLE TO BLOW IN THE CENTRAL PORTION OF THE CWA  

UNTIL 5 PM...WHEN WE RECEIVED SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 1/2 INCH AND 1.5  

INCHES OF POWDERY SNOW. THAT HAS COMBINED WITH WINDS THAT ARE ABOUT  

10 MPH HIGHER THAN FORECAST TO PRODUCE A BLIZZARD THAT IS NOW  

TAKING PLACE IN OUR NORTHEAST 1/2. IT IS CONSISTENTLY BAD HERE AT  

OUR OFFICE...REPRESENTING RURAL CONDITIONS WELL. WE HAVE WINDS  

HITTING 58 MPH...SUSTAINED AT 40 MPH AT TIMES. VISIBILITIES VARY  

BETWEEN 1/2 MILE AND TRUE ZERO IN THIS BLOWING SNOW BLIZZARD.  

Looks like one last band of intense snow just north of my location that could briefly cause intense blizzard like conditions.  Maybe the airport can eke out 4" of snow today?  They only need 3.7" to hit 40 for the year.

I measured just over 4" at the dog park parking lot which in on airport property with planes taking off just above your coconut and that was 2 hrs after the snow ended.   I knew they would come in low but i just had to measure there to make certain and of course they came in with only 3.3"

:weenie:

Didn't think we had a shot of getting stuff with the Arctic front, I guess I was wrong, it looks to hit our area right as I head to work. Maybe I'll get to see a snow plow this time, since I didn't yesterday morning or this morning :axe:

Luckily I work from home but I'd imagine people that have to drive to work in the mornings are getting really frustrated with this winter and the poor road conditions.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL
838 PM CST SUN JAN 26 2014

0837 PM     BLIZZARD         DAVENPORT MUNICIPAL AIR 41.62N 90.58W
01/26/2014                   SCOTT              IA   ASOS

SUSTAINED WINDS OF 46 MPH GUSTING TO 58 MPH WITH ZERO
            VISIBILITY IN BLOWING SNOW.

Snow and wind combined with the lack of snow cleanup. Saturday morning was a great example of what light snow and wind brings. I think it is going to be a complete mess yet again.

Yea I h=just stepped outside and its pouring snow. All ready 0.2-0.3" in 5 mins! You might be right

Stevo6899 I apologize 

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL  

849 PM CST SUN JAN 26 2014  

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON  

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.  

..REMARKS..  

0749 PM NON-TSTM WND DMG 3 S DENMARK 40.71N 91.33W  

01/26/2014 LEE IA TRAINED SPOTTER  

CHIMNEY PARTIALLY COLLAPSED FROM WIND GUSTS AND  

TRAMPOLINE BLEW OUT OF YARD AND HIT NEIGHBORS HOUSE  

Illinois State Police is putting out an official Media bulletin advising no one to be on the roads. ISP is in snow emergency meaning hourly radio checks with all state troopers no accident reports will be handled no tows will be out all vehicles will be flagged and checked. Route 251/ Rte 52 is complete shutdown by IDOT

https://www.facebook.com/LCAlerts/posts/572476792828275

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL  849 PM CST SUN JAN 26 2014     .TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     .DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                ..REMARKS..    0749 PM     NON-TSTM WND DMG 3 S DENMARK             40.71N 91.33W   01/26/2014                   LEE                IA   TRAINED SPOTTER                 CHIMNEY PARTIALLY COLLAPSED FROM WIND GUSTS AND               TRAMPOLINE BLEW OUT OF YARD AND HIT NEIGHBORS HOUSE  

That is some legit stuff, I hope that there aren't too many power outages with this. With the type of cold coming in, this could be the absolute worst time for power outages.

my bad  i only seen the 4:35 showing 8"    Gained 20% in snow pack and nice to be in the dd's again.  and its nice to have a glacier pack now and with no warm air in sight the pack will only keep growing and the way se michigan does feb's the pack could become real impressive for se mi standards.   How cool would a big cold march be again this yr like last!

Yeah they always put the 7am depth on the clim report since that was goes into the f6. But as we all have mentioned from here..its the most uneven depth ever lol. And if upstream reports are an indication, more wind is on the way tonight. We have had multiple snowstorms and multiple wind assaults all month, you literally will find a different depth every few inches you stick the ruler/yardstick.

Archived