• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

LOL Grand Rapids just cant catch a break... Does anyone know a decent page where you can see what the current snow depth is in that area? 

Official depth at GRR was 14" at 7am this morning. Pretty much any reported snow depth in the southern half of Michigan is going to be the observers best guess. Undoubtedly some will probably go too high and some too low, and I dont even really think theres a right or wrong answer, unless they are specifically calling the deepest drift of the lowest spot from wind tunnel effect as the current depth.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official depth at GRR was 14" at 7am this morning. Pretty much any reported snow depth in the southern half of Michigan is going to be the observers best guess. Undoubtedly some will probably go too high and some too low, and I dont even really think theres a right or wrong answer, unless they are specifically calling the deepest drift of the lowest spot from wind tunnel effect as the current depth.Thanks!

Thanks! 

Some official numbers...

Detroit picked up 2.7" today, further increasing the snowiest January on record, monthly total now 34.6" and the season total 51.3". We are now just 0.4" away from surpassing Dec 1974 and becoming the 2nd snowiest month on record! As a side note, Detroit is already tied for 29th snowiest winter on record, and today is exactly the halfway point in the snow season, statistically speaking.

Flint picked up 2.1" today, so they too increased their snowiest January on record, monthly total now 31.6" and season total 50.1".

Toledo, OH picked up 2.5" today, so they are incredibly at 38.9" in January, over 8" higher than their previous snowiest MONTH on record! They are at 50.6" on the season, which ALREADY places them at their 13th snowiest winter to go, and we are just at the halfway mark.

Some official numbers...

Detroit picked up 2.7" today, further increasing the snowiest January on record, monthly total now 34.6" and the season total 51.3". We are now just 0.4" away from surpassing Dec 1974 and becoming the 2nd snowiest month on record! As a side note, Detroit is already tied for 29th snowiest winter on record, and today is exactly the halfway point in the snow season, statistically speaking.

Flint picked up 2.1" today, so they too increased their snowiest January on record, monthly total now 31.6" and season total 50.1".

Toledo, OH picked up 2.5" today, so they are incredibly at 38.9" in January, over 8" higher than their previous snowiest MONTH on record! They are at 50.6" on the season, which ALREADY places them at their 13th snowiest winter to go, and we are just at the halfway mark.

Wow!! :snowing:

35" of snow in detroit this month and only a 8" now depth  at airport :(   dam rain, but you sometimes have to play with that rain line to get the big months and pattern.   I bet Feb brings a couple good storms plus the usual nicks and dimes and their snow pack will be a lot more respectable to their snowfall totals.

Some official numbers...

That's crazy. I hope we can move up to #2 tonight all-time with a bit of luck.

35" of snow in detroit this month and only a 8" now depth  at airport :(   dam rain, but you sometimes have to play with that rain line to get the big months and pattern.   I bet Feb brings a couple good storms plus the usual nicks and dimes and their snow pack will be a lot more respectable to their snowfall totals.

At least we had a 15-18" snowdepth at some point early in the month which is outrageous by our standards.

yeah, that's why I said general... I didn't know you still had that much... nice!

Been a great year for the entire sub

edit... excited to see what kind of lake rise we get this year in MI/Huron. I follow closely.

I figured that is why you said that. 

Yeah my depth mostly varies 12"-18" with of course 3'+ drifts and a few 6"-8" low spots from drifting.

The good ice cover will help stabilize the lakes some.  They would rise if we can continue/get some stormy conditions into spring!

DTW is up to 10" at 7pm.....they peaked at 16" on January 6/7 and bottomed out at 4" January 11-13 after a useless thaw.

DTW is up to 10" at 7pm.....they peaked at 16" on January 6/7 and bottomed out at 4" January 11-13 after a useless thaw.

my bad  i only seen the 4:35 showing 8"    Gained 20% in snow pack and nice to be in the dd's again.  and its nice to have a glacier pack now and with no warm air in sight the pack will only keep growing and the way se michigan does feb's the pack could become real impressive for se mi standards.   How cool would a big cold march be again this yr like last!

radar looks pretty good for another 2 quick hits..  bring out the special ruler and you should be able to measure double than your likely with no problem.

Lol. 

Well I'm definitely at 50" for the season now. Milwaukee has some catching up to do.

Lol. 

Well I'm definitely at 50" for the season now. Milwaukee has some catching up to do.

no chance of catching you the way you measure and they measure :P   lucky we're even as close as we are considering the big storm pattern has pretty much sucked here outside one lucky storm..    I don't see the big storm pattern changing much and the haves will get richer and the poor poorer.

Archived