joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree....they always tell you pick an average (if theres 2", 6", and 4" your average is 4")...but its just not like that now...its just crazy. Im going with 10", so Im back into double digits now after peaking at 17" earlier in the month. My backyard ranges for the most part from a low of 5" to a high of 15" but I do have one 2 foot drift.

Finished(?) this event with a for-a-change easy to measure 2.6" of fluffy snow...will be interesting to see if the front does anything tonight!

Is there any chance the front makes it to the toledo area later on?  trying to plan for tonight's second shift of operators...i will say if that front is progg'd to make it here, the tv mets (as usual) have no inkling...we use this board almost exclusively - you guys do a nice job...and entertaining too...

It's borderline right now for a thin crust to form on the newly fallen snow...shaded areas are staying total fluff...but anything in the sun is starting to get that wet/compacted look to it on top...  north facing rooftops have begun to have some serious fluff blowing off of them

Ditto here. Up to 27° imby now. Sun is blazing down now.

I did find some drifting though.

post-7389-0-91821100-1390767612_thumb.jp

post-7389-0-68052500-1390767623_thumb.jp

Second photo looks like Alaska!  I forgot to mention yesterday too....sorry to hear about your slip and fall....hope you heal well!  cheers

Thanks - I'm no longer sore from that. The ice that caused that is history now!

That is in Bristol, WI. Those snow banks/drifts were at least 6 feet.

Agree....they always tell you pick an average (if theres 2", 6", and 4" your average is 4")...but its just not like that now...its just crazy. Im going with 10", so Im back into double digits now after peaking at 17" earlier in the month. My backyard ranges for the most part from a low of 5" to a high of 15" but I do have one 2 foot drift.

Finished(?) this event with a for-a-change easy to measure 2.6" of fluffy snow...will be interesting to see if the front does anything tonight!

That would just icing on the cake.

Is there any chance the front makes it to the toledo area later on?  trying to plan for tonight's second shift of operators...i will say if that front is progg'd to make it here, the tv mets (as usual) have no inkling...we use this board almost exclusively - you guys do a nice job...and entertaining too...

My bet is yes. I'm not sure how heavy it will end up but I'm assuming some light snow will make it here at least. Probably somewhere between 1-3AM here.

41º and steadily rising. Lots of sun now. Should get to at least 45º. Hell of a Spring day!

And looks like with the melting of the snow today, and no snow falling with the front, there'll be little to no blowing threat around here tonight. 

And the GGEM's low temperatures for your area will end up being "out to lunch".

Blowing snow threat here has greatly diminished.  The snow has compacted down a good inch, and has a wet feel to it.  Once the cold hits it will turn to crust.  Any snow that blows around will be with what we get with the frontal passage.  Winter storm warnings should probably be axed from the southern half of the DVN area. 

Ross ellet of channel 13 mentioned it on Facebook. Would be cool if it made it. I will probably be asleep though.

Archived