• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

sorry to OT here but I think this is insane...

from APX

Our observer that is 1 mile east of Maple City has recorded 179.3" so far this winter season! Their unofficial record since they started back in the 1959-1960 season was 219.6" in the 1996-97 winter season. Only about 20" more to go to!

makes me feel way more confident of my totals above 130"... could be 140-150 already. so damn hard to keep up. keep the clippers coming... love sw flow enhancements!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOT update:

THE WORSE CONDITIONS REMAIN THIS AFTERNOON...THE MORE WE WOULD

LEAN TO AN UPGRADE TO A BLIZZARD WARNING FOR TONIGHT WHEN

CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY TO BE WORSE FOR A SEVERAL HOUR PERIOD.

Snow is really blowin around these parts. And I'm not rural.

Back on the rise here too, after a bit of leveling off last hour. 37.2º and moving on up...

Depending how long it takes to drop, we might come out of this with no real net gain in snow cover as speculated yesterday.  Almost don't care at this point though...the stuff tonight should be wild.  Going to be very dangerous for a while. 

Depending how long it takes to drop, we might come out of this with no real net gain in snow cover as speculated yesterday.  Almost don't care at this point though...the stuff tonight should be wild.  Going to be very dangerous for a while. 

Yep, don't care at all right now about losing the snow from this morning. All about tonight's action.

With more sun heading for Indiana I could see LAF getting to 45°.

lol, maybe. Geos inspired me though. :sun:

I will say you can tell the ground is frigid. Despite temps well above freezing, the lot here is still solidly snow covered. 

yeah, you aren't getting much warmer

post-163-0-21867300-1390761831_thumb.png

Snow depth is more less a meaningless statistic right now but UofM recorded a 8" depth yesterday so after today it should be double digits.

Crossed 50" for the season yesterday too.

Back to pixie dust snow here after a period of parachutes

Agree....they always tell you pick an average (if theres 2", 6", and 4" your average is 4")...but its just not like that now...its just crazy. Im going with 10", so Im back into double digits now after peaking at 17" earlier in the month. My backyard ranges for the most part from a low of 5" to a high of 15" but I do have one 2 foot drift.

Finished(?) this event with a for-a-change easy to measure 2.6" of fluffy snow...will be interesting to see if the front does anything tonight!

Archived