CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good one, at least the tail end will be seen.

glad you get to see the end of it.. just unloading feather pillows from the heavens the last 2 hrs.  think mke needs just under 4"  to hit 40" on the season.  eyeballing from inside looks like it could be doable. Gonna measure when we hit the dog park around 7:30

I think you busted... e2e7apu7.jpg

I was just catching up on last night's posts and lol at Tim's meltdown. CoCoRaHs stations around LAF reporting an inch at 7AM with snow still falling now, although about to end. Should be 2-3" down there.

NAM fail.

2+ here, should be able to make 3" before ending.

I was just catching up on last night's posts and lol at Tim's meltdown. CoCoRaHs stations around LAF reporting an inch at 7AM with snow still falling now, although about to end. Should be 2-3" down there.

NAM fail.

2+ here, should be able to make 3" before ending.

I found the multi day debate/discussion very intriguing and educational....just funny how once they finally reached a consensus...the opposite happened....tough forecast for that area though

edit:  although I think hoosier was saying that some snow was still possible at the onset this morning....so that was a pretty solid call

hahaha

if the acrtic front and associated precip can hold off (or hang on) an extra hour or 2 tonight, ORD will be in line for having it's 8th straight day with a T or more

I haven't even thought about the front yet but everyone is mentioning it so it may be something!

Today is the 13th day in a row it has snowed at DTW, and 22 of 26 days this month have seen snowfall. 9 of the last 11 days have had measurable snow.

Congrats on the clipper snow down south guys!

Light snow developing... maybe 5-8" by tomorrow. 

got lots of shoveling and snow cleanup to do today.

attachicon.gifFile.png

:lol: if I were you I'd probably lose track and just be like "We have a metric ****ton of snow, and we might get "a lot" to "a lot-lot more" by tomorrow"

Another day, another snowfall. I am in love with this winter!

And look at those radar returns rolling in

We might be the first legitimate generation to be able to say "when I was your age we got REAL winters" after the past 14-15 years

DMX mentioning thundersnow possible for tonight. Always a fun word to see, definitely jealous that I'm not gonna see that.

ORD hit 1.8", making Jan 2014 the 3rd snowiest all time. The 50" mark, however, will probably have to wait until February. Unless, of course, the chances for snow listed Thursday & Friday night get us there.

NAM 4 KM crazy looking with the snow squall along the arctic front tonight moving from Iowa through Ohio.

Indicating 35-40+ dbz at times.

almost looks like an MCS signature

nam-hires_namer_015_sim_reflectivity.gif

That thing might do brief 3-4" per hour type stuff, looks amazing. Hope there are lots of pics from it.

Archived