• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

Bro was snowmobiling all the way north of Whitewater today. Best conditions with hard packed and groomed flatties from Walworth into McHenry Counties. Winds were ripping out there. So we're poised for the quick punch overnight and with any luck the groomers will be packing it down before the winds pick up later in the day. Local riding ftw.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Random but I gotta imagine you can grow some stuff up there that normally wouldn't be hardy as far north as you are, with the warmth of the lake and insanely deep snowpack to insulate the ground. Seems like a cool place to live.

there's a "fruit belt" here along the coast. lots of orchards.  it really is a cool place to live.  interesting climate... lots of micros.

0z NAM is a shutout for LAF. Must be a nasty dry layer in there somewhere. Oh well, Hoosier wins again. :D

EDIT: yep, dry lower levels win. Should be some solid virga. Blah. 

We're definitely in some trouble as far as the morning stuff.  Maybe we'll still get a little something but odds of a period of nice rippage seem to be decreasing.  Hopefully the arctic front squalls can deliver. 

We're definitely in some trouble as far as the morning stuff.  Maybe we'll still get a little something but odds of a period of nice rippage seem to be decreasing.  Hopefully the arctic front squalls can deliver. 

I think we're toast, unfortunately. Your worry was warranted. Arctic front stuff is rolling the dice, but maybe we'll get lucky.

I think we're toast, unfortunately. Your worry was warranted. Arctic front stuff is rolling the dice, but maybe we'll get lucky.

I'd like to see the other 00z runs before punting on the idea of any morning snow but the NAM and short term models aren't encouraging. 

Actually, your pessimism yesterday may have been warranted.  :lol:  I was optimistic about tomorrow but looks like that isn't going to work out too well. 

I'd like to see the other 00z runs before punting on the idea of any morning snow but the NAM and short term models aren't encouraging. 

Actually, your pessimism yesterday may have been warranted.  :lol:  I was optimistic about tomorrow but looks like that isn't going to work out too well. 

Combine our thoughts and maybe we'll be right. :D

Kinda sucks missing out on tomorrow morning's snows. Alas, you win some...

A pretty rare sight here in parts of NWOH. A very impressive LES band stretches from off of Lake Michigan to BG and into Sandusky county. It's been ripping here for about an hour at this point. Nice bonus snow here. I almost wish it was over KTOL so it would add to our snowfall record this month... but I'll take it  :snowing:

post-595-0-16707900-1390706662_thumb.jpg

A pretty rare sight here in parts of NWOH. A very impressive LES band stretches from off of Lake Michigan to BG and into Sandusky county. It's been ripping here for about an hour at this point. Nice bonus snow here. I almost wish it was over KTOL so it would add to our snowfall record this month... but I'll take it  :snowing:

attachicon.gif994119_10152147646826897_745650636_n.jpg

Just missing it by a couple miles actually 

Was just comparing the past few runs...there's been a trend to shift the southern edge a bit north since 12z.

There you go. It's regressing to the mean. It should figure it out by the 12z run tomorrow, lol. Ah hell.

EDIT: WxBell RGEM precip map looks better than I expected. But not sure I trust those maps. 

There you go. It's regressing to the mean. It should figure it out by the 12z run tomorrow, lol. Ah hell. 

It really helps to watch the trends over multiple runs and not just compare to the last run. 

Best thing to do at this point is probably just take a compromise.

Bloomimgton, MN three miles west of MOA. Looking out to a solid -sn with smallish flakes falling (albeit a lot of them). Definitely better than pixie dust. Car dusted with maybe a quarter inch. Got that low ceiling orange hue urban glow going along with slightly reduced visibilities.

Yep. Final call for LAF...zero flakes of snow. Amazing.

Old Tim is back!

Not feeling good about the morning stuff but think we could squeeze an inch or so out of it.  Then the stuff along the front could pack a punch with perhaps another inch.  I'm almost where I was before in terms of totals but leaning more toward the low end of the 2-3" range.

Archived