• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January 22-27th Clippers/Hybrids

Chicago Storm

LAF really got bent over with this one. Missed to the north...and returns intensifying to the south now. Going to be just a few flakes that don't amount to anything here. I guess it was about time our luck ran out.

No matter, congrats to those that are faring well tonight. :)

Come on dude, I know you're in DD mode but there's been more than a few flakes. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When that band hit here at the airport the sky unleashed the hardest snow I have ever seen. Probably one of the most thrilling 10 minutes working here in the entire 5 years I have been here.

Lol this is utterly ridiculous. I was thinking people were crazy saying this is the heaviest stuff in years but it is legit

Well, I must be in a localized screw zone...but there's been very little snow here at my place. Seriously, no DD. Must be different in other spots of the city/area.

It was pretty brief and not coming down all that hard but looked better than it was with the wind blowing around.

KDTX is like meh, big deal, around a inch or less... just terrible. 

Funny thing is, two spotter reports from the NWS employee across Oakland County were 2.1" and 2.4" respectively (this was about an hour ago).

I'll admit, this was a solid bust. Went from expecting little/nothing (to be fair, this wasn't modeled) to now a quick 2-4" with near blizzard conditions. 

Lol I was just reading it. Have they even looked at the radar recently?

must be a Izzy snow hater working... Detroit office is pretty dam solid outside their sometimes late to the party and conservative early forecast..  Last thing I'm meaning to do is rrip that office becasue they're as solid as an office as they come 90% of the time.

Absolutely nothing officially measured, but just judging by scraping my foot on the driveway when I was outside, I would bet we picked up close to an inch of snow in 10 minutes.

I agree, an inch on 10 minutes is totally possible right then. I probably am gonna finish with more from this snow-recho than the morning system.

Archived