• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 4-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

You're heading up.  I'm heading down.  I was thinking 10-12" in MIE earlier, but looking at the 0z models and the fact that we are 3C warmer than modeled right now, I think 6-8" is more likely.  Hopefully the precip rates will deal with the warm layer, but 850 warmth always seems to be undermodeled, and I don't put much faith in precip rates.

I've never experienced a 1'+ snowfall, and this looks like it may be another epic miss for Muncie.

Yeah man, it's so close.  Good luck there.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough to tell with the 12 hours maps. 0z CMC looks slightly east of its track and has a major gradient setup. 4-6" for the GTA with near 12" up towards Barrie.

attachicon.gifcmc_snow_acc_toronto_8.png

Is there any way you can put up that map for Northern Ohio? I was about to write this off where I live but extrapolating the heavy snow area downward, it looks like I might luck out after all if the CMC verifies. It would be much appreciated.

decent amount in north central IL

RELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO/ROMEOVILLE IL  
1111 PM CST SAT JAN 04 2014  

.TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON

.DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.

..REMARKS..  

1100 PM SNOW SOMONAUK 41.63N 88.68W  
01/04/2014 M4.4 INCH LA SALLE IL PUBLIC  

STORM TOTAL SO FAR RELAYED VIA TWITTER.  

Payback for that 3" of rain with temp of 33-36 a few weeks ago? 

I suppose. We're not really worthy. Seriously. Things have have gone very well in LAF with big storms in the past 7 years, for the most part. Not that I won't enjoy this immensely if it comes to fruition. :)

Millions are a comin. At a friends at 16 (metro pkwy) and garfield and I'm surprised its snowing here. Didn't think this band was going to come south of 59 until morning. looks like half an inch.

Yeah, true. I can't complain because I-94 has been doing amazing up to this point. Like a magnet.

RAP is wetter and slower every run.

Going to be a band of 15-22" from South St. Louis up towards LAF

RAP_255_2014010504_F18_PCPIN_18_HR.png

No there won't.  12-16" with isolated higher amounts, but 15-22" in a general band is overdone.  Ratios aren't high enough to support a forecast like that.  Could be some isolated reports with extreme amounts but nothing supports 15-22"  in the main swath.

Archived