• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 4-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

Ugh man..how depressing..when is the next RAP model out? Had a promising SE shift on it.

Well, it could work out that both over perform. Until the sfc low really start to get cranking over AR it's tough to tell. I just don't want people in our crew to see it snowing tomorrow morning and assume the main event tomorrow evening is a slam dunk to produce big snow.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KC radar starting to fill in. Looks like it may try and start snowing in the city in the next half an hour.

-SN breaking out right now in north york. HRRR has been showing this for a few runs now. Wouldn't be surprised to see some 1-2" accums especially north of highway 7 by tomorrow morning.

Well, it could work out that both over perform. Until the sfc low really start to get cranking over AR it's tough to tell. I just don't want people in our crew to see it snowing tomorrow morning and assume the main event tomorrow evening is a slam dunk to produce big snow.

Yeah, I really think it's going to come down to now casting and radar...what a mess..are you back at home or still in Toronto?

YYZ reporting -SN. :) I'm going to go try and put some of the blood back into my slitted wrists.

With regards to the main system, the ensembles suites do offer some breathing room for us as well. The EC ENS mean has a track from central AR to south of columbus and then east of KBUF before bombing out near YOW. GEFS mean is a nudge north of this but still looks good. SREF also looks nice as you previously noted.

YYZ reporting -SN. :) I'm going to go try and put some of the blood back into my slitted wrists.

Nice to see some snow tonight. I'm going to reneg on what I said and make a true final call of 4-10cm for YYZ (put it out there on my weather twitter so what the hell ;) ). Closest to blizzard conditions will be the Wingham, Hanover, Durham area. Could see some serious blowing and drifting snow out that way.

With regards to the main system, the ensembles suites do offer some breathing room for us as well. The EC ENS mean has a track from central AR to south of columbus and then east of KBUF before bombing out near YOW. GEFS mean is a nudge north of this but still looks good. SREF also looks nice as you previously noted.

If it tracks over KBUF this should help keep temperatures cold enough for all frozen precip in the GTA, with any mixing confined towards the Lake. Its a sharp cutoff! Models still scrambling over a fixed track. It all barrows down towards a now-casting moment. 

Getting nervous about temps in MIE.  Sitting at 34.5, and it doesn't look like a lot of cooling is predicted before the precip begins.  0z NAM gives us a brief period of FZRN worth about 0.1" of QPF.  The warm layer as modeled is 60mb with a max of 0.7C, but we're a solid 3 degrees C above where the 0z NAM says we should be at this time.

If this stays all snow, then we should be good for 10", but as often as the WAA is underdone around here, I would expect some mixing.  A half-dozen SREF members agree. 

The 00z NAM (72 hr) super super gradient around Toledo. This is similar to what some 12km and 4km NAM runs have been showing today. Wow. Tons of snow for the Hoosier state and north Detroiters. It's starting to see the super lake effect snow bands on each of the Great Lakes.

post-1182-0-80306100-1388893352_thumb.gi

Edit:

IWX zoom in

post-1182-0-32171600-1388893995_thumb.gi

Nice to see some snow tonight. I'm going to reneg on what I said and make a true final call of 4-10cm for YYZ (put it out there on my weather twitter so what the hell ;) ). Closest to blizzard conditions will be the Wingham, Hanover, Durham area. Could see some serious blowing and drifting snow out that way.

Nice to see the models step back a bit but I'm not changing by 1-2" call until the sfc low has actually developed.

As a caveat, that 1-2" call is for tomorrow evening. What happens overnight is a wildcard.

yep, same here. Very nice increase in flake size.  LOT radar locked and loaded for quite some time. Bring it!

DVN radar loaded too (minus the last frame that shows a completely blank radar) ... looks like the LE streamers that just kept pouring in the other morning....but obviously from the other direction and obviously not LE .... you know what I mean lol

Archived