e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
January 4-6th Winter Storm Part 3

Whitelakeroy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

crashing temps really helping ratios out...get a really nice SN under 15-20 dbz returns.

yeah our ratios sucked for the first 6-8 hours last night. That cut into the total accums. But nice fluffy flakes now really adding up quickly. I was skeptical about the 3-5" additional in my point for today, but I can see that happening now. 

Snow increasing in intensity here...about 3/4 mile vis...decent flake size.  Expecting a foot of snow!  And most of it falling during the day.  Not too shabby!

enjoy!  I'd love to ride this out in my old 'hood down there!

I'll deal with my 6-8" of LE the next couple days... my main show will be blowing and drifting and the low visibilities with the talcum snow.

Easily 6"+ here now but that's including morning snows.

very nice Alek!....time for my hourly measurement...should be decent...the last 30 minutes have been either SN or SN+

although I do see that a small part of the driveway I cleared off around 5 am is wind whipped clean right now...definitely getting a little blowy drifty now

interjecting....but I saw 6.5 on cbs news...I thought it seemed kinda high....but also had a report of 5.2 at MDW...which seemed in line with trends...but I don't know if that is where that other poster saw it

That's why I wondered. Plus the place I usually get it from didn't update.

Archived