amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12z Model Discussion 1/2/14

IsentropicLift

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'm very happy with that…..hopefully banding does not screw us march 09 style..lol thinking 4-8 for us…with perhaps 9-10 over the eastern part of the county 

Yeah I think Middlesex/Monmouth west of the GSP should see 4 - 8.  More as you head east in this setup but you never know if some band sets up near Freehold....

Time to now cast because these IV troughs are tricky. There is still room for improvement and it could set up stronger and further west.

That's certainly true, the odds favor that then the opposite. It's going to be very interesting and exciting later today. Ratios will of course be a major player.

Very nice signal on the GFS for that band to take shape-and it makes sense with the intensity of the trough. Where that verifies could end up with over 10", maybe 12". I think the snow area will generally be a little further west also given the current obs and the models' still seeming to shift everything offshore too fast. Long Island could have 8-12" if the 0.75" or more liquid models are correct given 15:1 ratios on average.

Time to now cast because these IV troughs are tricky. There is still room for improvement and it could set up stronger and further west.

sure could, or just as easily set up weaker and east or stronger and east.. we just dont know and will need to nowcast it.. hate relying on IV troughs though..

hr 30 snow is moving out..

this looks exactly like the 00z euro..the city is close to .75 and all of long island is over that

Allsnow - excellent job on the pbp.  FWIW, I much prefer your style of reporting the output (how much, where, and when) without a lot of conjecture on what the models "look like" which is always risky for anyone, even a pro, on a moment's notice, live. 

A flash freeze is very possible. The latest GFS brings in severely cold temperatures in a very short period of time following the end of the precipitation.

Wow gfs goes from 40s Monday morning to -5 Tuesday morning. 850s so much lower than tomorrow and that's without fresh snowcover. If correct we don't get out of the single digits all day

A flash freeze is very possible. The latest GFS brings in severely cold temperatures in a very short period of time following the end of the precipitation.

That cold looks insane on the gfs, all CAA driven as well, looks like wind chills could be as low as -20 with actual temps 0 to 5 below zero.

Archived