Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12z Model Discussion 1/2/14

IsentropicLift

Every one of these still showing something completely different

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/SREF21PRSNE_9z/f21.gif

It looks like convective feedback with the lead wave today is pulling the development tonight a little too far east.

The members that blow up less convection off the MA Coast today have a further west development tonight 

with .75 getting back closer to us.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moderate snow never makes it north of Ocean County.

Hour 27 everything pulling away. 0.50"+ line is southeast of NYC.

The trough literally develops 3-6 hours too slow.

Looks to be a bit nicer than last run which is good

This run is indeed a bit wetter than 06z, but it's not earth shattering.

Inv trof signal is still there at 21 hours. Way different, and better, than the 06z run.

So, which is it?  Better or worse than 6Z?  Drier or wetter?  We really need to nominate/select one qualified person (like earthlight) to do the play by play on these model threads - I often just wait until 10 minutes after I know the run is done before reading the thread, because reading it live is frustrating. 

So, which is it?  Better or worse than 6Z?  Drier or wetter?  We really need to nominate/select one qualified person to do the play by play on these model threads - I often just wait until 10 minutes after I know the run is done before reading the thread, because reading it live is frustrating. 

Its improved from 06z by increasing its QPF to be much more in line with the rest of the guidance range.   NAM at the lower end and the 00z ECM at the higher end of the range.  GFS been the steadiest

So, which is it?  Better or worse than 6Z?  Drier or wetter?  We really need to nominate/select one qualified person (like earthlight) to do the play by play on these model threads - I often just wait until 10 minutes after I know the run is done before reading the thread, because reading it live is frustrating. 

It's somewhat wetter. Around 0.40"-0.45" in the greater NYC metro area and adjacent suburbs vs. about 0.1" less at 6z.

Maybe you could try looking at the models yourself?

It was clearly better than 06z, take the extra two seconds to read things more clearly.

Very few people are truly qualified to be commenting on the model output live, as clearly demonstrated by the conflicting comments we always see on the pbp.  Anyone can read the snow/qpf maps after they're out, but commenting live should be restricted to pros or really knowledgable amateurs. 

With storm pretty much over 12z WSI RPM came in a little higher with snow totals. In my opinion looks to be a pretty good comprise with what we saw with last nights NAM, GFS and EURO runs.  One big change was to bring significant snow down into DC and BWI which I'm not buying. (yet)

post-2628-0-24969300-1388672203_thumb.pn

With storm pretty much over 12z WSI RPM came in a little higher with snow totals. In my opinion looks to be a pretty good comprise with what we saw with last nights NAM, GFS and EURO runs.  One big change was to bring significant snow down into DC and BWI which I'm not buying. (yet)

The latest HRR suggests pretty heavy snows down the coast into the MA region of DE but not so much back that far...

1ref_t3sfc_f15.png

Archived