Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
12z Model Discussion 1/2/14

IsentropicLift

Rgem is awesome. Upped totals from 6z

It pretty much comes down to a 20-40 mile shift tonight, most guidance, even HRRR/RAP show that exactly that distance off the NJ shore will be very heavy snow but not much west of NYC...a similar type scenario to 12/2009 as far as W-E snow gradient north of TTN...if those heavier bands end up further west I see no reason there won't be widespread 6-12 inches, otherwise more along a 4-7 deal.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mind posting?

The QPF accumulation totals haven't updated yet.  But here are the important panels.  Better than 00z and 06z but best stuff is just offshore.  This run gets LI very good and supports the general 4 - 8 / 6 - 10 for the rest of NJ/NYC.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_015_0000.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_018_0000.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_021_0000.gif

The QPF accumulation totals haven't updated yet.  But here are the important panels.  Better than 00z and 06z but best stuff is just offshore.  This run gets LI very good and supports the general 4 - 8 / 6 - 10 for the rest of NJ/NYC.

P1_GZ_D5_PN_015_0000.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_018_0000.gif

P1_GZ_D5_PN_021_0000.gif

many thanks for posting and goes along nicely with my thinking of 4-8" for NYC and 7-12 for much of LI (locally higher amounts further east in a best case scenario) 

Prints out exactly .66" for both ewr and nyc..wettest run yet..always nice to see last minute upticks instead of the reverse

Yes I'm very happy with that…..hopefully banding does not screw us march 09 style..lol thinking 4-8 for us…with perhaps 9-10 over the eastern part of the county 

Archived