amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2014 Obs

Isopycnic

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man that just kills me.  I'm always 10-15  miles too far east in these NW flow events. 

Put me in that boat too.

Makes you two feel any better, I'm never even in the conversation in these events. Clear as a bell here..as usual. I'm normally not too bothered by it since it's always the case but those pics...damn. That bothers me. Wouldn't take much moisture at all with these temps and temps aloft to get some accumulation and those pics sure seem to support that.

I made mention of those wind chills next week but tonight there are nothing to sneeze at either. Not too often you see temps way down in the 20s with winds gust to and above 40mph.  ATL has had a gust to 46mph.

Well if it's any consolation for us east side weenies, Thursday may be our day.  00z shows .10zr with temps in the upper twenties only slowly rising to above freezing only by evening.  Wouldn't shock me one bit if precip comes in a bit sooner, and assuming the model is still underplaying this artic air mass, it may be colder longer still.

I made mention of those wind chills next week but tonight there are nothing to sneeze at either. Not too often you see temps way down in the 20s with winds gust to and above 40mph.  ATL has had a gust to 46mph.

No doubt about that. I was outside not long ago and the wind chill here is 10. Going to be interesting Monday night into Tuesday morning if we have a breeze with temps in the single digits here.

Loop this radar on 24 images and you can see the snow developing over the area.

http://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?type=FFC-N0Q-1-24

Thanks for the link. I noticed on that radar there's a slither of green starting to show up in the last frames. The flakes have picked up a bit, they're a lot easier to visibly see now.

Temp: 25.7°F   Wind Chill: 11°F

I wondered how long it would take to here from you on this. You're probably the one guy on here that "understands" Glen Burns as well as I do. I would go with Lee Corso's football picks on Saturday before I would buy anything Burns says.

January may go into the ice box, but it will not be a result of any super secret computer model data that Burns has access to.

hehe :guitar: I truly can't stand him. It's unbelievable to me someone gets paid as much as he does for being so wrong 99% of the time and then lying about it afterwards.

14 and clear this morning

19.8 here this morning. Cooler by a couple of degrees than shown by recent model runs. Interesting to note, if you go back 3 days, the gfs was forecasting temps to be near 25. Not saying it will be off this much for tue morning but if it is, temps should hit 0 or very close to it in atlanta, athens, etc, with below zero temps north of rome to gainesville to royston. You will have no problem getting below zero..maybe as low as 5 below based on 950-925mb temps.

hehe :guitar: I truly can't stand him. It's unbelievable to me someone gets paid as much as he does for being so wrong 99% of the time and then lying about it afterwards.

19.8 here this morning. Cooler by a couple of degrees than shown by recent model runs. Interesting to note, if you go back 3 days, the gfs was forecasting temps to be near 25. Not saying it will be off this much for tue morning but if it is, temps should hit 0 or very close to it in atlanta, athens, etc, with below zero temps north of rome to gainesville to royston. You will have no problem getting below zero..maybe as low as 5 below based on 950-925mb temps.

23 the morning low currently 25.

Temps are running colder here too by a good 5 degrees.

Yeah if it does come in this strong for Tuesday as it is now then temps will be easily that cold or colder. Really I'm interested to see if the caa comes in sooner which slacks off earlier Tuesday morning to atleast get winds to go calm probably take advantage of rad. cooling and dps in the -10s. But right now winds look atleast 10mph.

Archived