amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2014 Obs

Isopycnic

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow!! I experienced the coldest temperature in my life this morning. Dropped down to -6 here at my house!! I can't believe it!

Is there anyway I can see if that is some sort of record for Reidsville? I know it has to be close to some type of  record.

Amazing how cold it is again today. The local meteorologists made a huge bust. They were saying 40-42. Instead, a lot of places haven't cracked 32 again, for the second straight day. For Charleston, I can't remember the last time that happened. Some places are seeing a light freezing rain or a couple of flakes as well.

The Ravenel Bridge is still closed down. Charleston schools are again on a delay tomorrow. Fourth straight day of a delay or cancellation.

Nice to see the cold verify. The Euro pegged this well.

Wow!! I experienced the coldest temperature in my life this morning. Dropped down to -6 here at my house!! I can't believe it!

Is there anyway I can see if that is some sort of record for Reidsville? I know it has to be close to some type of  record.

You can piece these two datasets together...

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?nc7197

http://www.wrcc.dri.edu/cgi-bin/cliMAIN.pl?nc7202

It has been colder in the past. I think Reidsville's coldest temperature is -9 which was recorded in January 1985. I recorded a low of -13 that same month at my home just North of Eden which is the coldest I have ever recorded. I do not have my records in front of me, but there have been several winters since then that I have recorded temperatures below zero, and I think in 1996 I had a low of -8. 

It is 10 degrees with a pink sunrise here, five miles north of Lake Lure in the northwest Rutherford mountains. Does anyone else have these low temps?

All of the snow is still in place in the shadows. The high yesterday was 34, and Otter Pond remains frozen over. Here are pics from yesterday. Check out the profile shadow....

post-8754-0-44296900-1391171467_thumb.jp

post-8754-0-50309100-1391171764_thumb.jp

Archived