• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Early January 2014 cold snaps - featuring the polar vortex of doom

Ian

How can you say that after the things you got to witness?

oh yeah, I forgot about that. :D

as a whole the u.s. had a pretty boring weather year in 2013 though. derecho tried to make a comeback. we've just got skillz. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next we'll see Al Gore on TV claiming Global Warming caused the Polar Vortex - a term that he just invented.

Media scientists have stated that Global Warming is what is causing the vortex to move this far south. Hot, cold, wet, dry, snowy, snowless it's ALL globar worming and it's ALL and Entirely casued by us evil humans.

this air is not coming in the way the last one's did. They were straight over the lakes/wny/wpa and down upon us. This is rollover cold which plunges down into Ohio Valley and rolls over the mountains. This less direct approach usually is not as cold as a direct shot but if the air mass itself is extreme enough then the rollover aspect is mitigated. We'll see.

Media scientists have stated that Global Warming is what is causing the vortex to move this far south. Hot, cold, wet, dry, snowy, snowless it's ALL globar worming and it's ALL and Entirely casued by us evil humans.

There are too many people covering weather who have no clue what they are talking about these days. Though there is some research backing the whole "more buckling of the jetstream" theory, more blocking etc.  But acting like the polar vortex being displaced is something new is pretty shady overall. Then again most consumers have no clue... 

Maybe but I was holding @ 38 for a few hours. Dropped to 34 in the last 90 mins or so. 

850s are still not super cold. The big push there comes the next few hours. I guess it's coming across in chunks.  All I really care about it losing a lot in the next 8 hours at this pt. 

850s are still not super cold. The big push there comes the next few hours. I guess it's coming across in chunks.  All I really care about it losing a lot in the next 8 hours at this pt. 

It should advect in pretty well. I'm down to 32.6 now. Happens pretty quick. Should be anytime now @ dca. Losing the sun won't hurt either. 

Archived