• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2/3 Event - Disco., Nowcasting, and Obs.

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sucks

Of all the posters here Matt, I figured it would be least likely to have you just throwing out these statements. Regardless of what model is right, Bob's post above is a much better explanation of the GFS. To say it sucks is not really the right statement, 18z sucked. Whether the gfs is right or the euro or neither, its impossible to find success living and dying by each run. Obviously you know more than most and taking the gfs verbatim probably isn't the play at this point, especially with as much variability as we've had.

Probably smart to realize that only one run of the euro was great. I'd really like to think it is right.

That's the thing.. that run of the Euro was an outlier even among the other runs of the Euro.  I know everyone loves the Euro like it's their family but still. It hasn't quite been the easy-to-recognize king of late at least from my view.  I mean, I still lean toward it myself if it's 50/50 probably.. but it has its biases etc.  Who knows.. if it holds at 0z that's something, though we've got plenty of time yet. 

Of all the posters here Matt, I figured it would be least likely to have you just throwing out these statements. Regardless of what model is right, Bob's post above is a much better explanation of the GFS. To say it sucks is not really the right statement, 18z sucked. Whether the gfs is right or the euro or neither, its impossible to find success living and dying by each run. Obviously you know more than most and taking the gfs verbatim probably isn't the play at this point, especially with as much variability as we've had.

it's called frustration, that's all....and well deserved too

It is a bad run...It gives us a glorified cartopper here in DC metro..and it is entirely reasonable meteorologically..

Not to be overly pessimistic here, but we usually do this song and dance between the Euro/GFS closer to hour 100/120.  At Hour 75- we are usually getting to the point where one of these models is going to fold in the next model cycle or two.  Given 2 fairly consistent GFS runs..one has to think...yeaa.

It is a bad run...It gives us a glorified cartopper here in DC metro..and it is entirely reasonable meteorologically..

I will admit that it's close fwiw. The southern low is organized with plenty of moisture to our south. The corner is hard to turn verbatim. And is very reasonable. Can't really punt it but the caveats are stark this run. Even if the euro holds it's not that big of a confidence boost.

I will admit that it's close fwiw. The southern low is organized with plenty of moisture to our south. The corner is hard to turn verbatim. And is very reasonable. Can't really punt it but the caveats are stark this run. Even if the euro holds it's not that big of a confidence boost.

Agree Bob, we need both on board.

We need the American models to slow down. I'm sure the euro depth at 500 is what's slowing it. We need that, badly.

I am not totally discouraged.....it just isnt a great run...the euro  could still be right...or at least more right...

I am not totally discouraged.....it just isnt a great run...the euro could still be right...or at least more right...

This run looks pretty much like a middle ground of the members. The vort is faster than the 12z run. That's not helping but h5 is still fine. Wouldn't take much to pop the surface low quicker and stronger. We need more push against confluence and the pv lobe wall.

Thought someone said the EURO started at 11. Cannot last much longer without sleep.

Also am being made fun of by Ian and Mart, which makes me very sad.

I just feel like we need you down the stretch and I don't want to see you burn out too early...

Archived