• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
January 2/3 Event - Disco., Nowcasting, and Obs.

wxmeddler

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a better run and still wrong so I'll take it with a smile. Vort is a little more juiced when it matters and precip shield to the nw is more consolidated. 

it's very similar...if anything slightly drier for DC and slightly wetter for western burbs

Just looking at hr 63 and comparing. It's a more organized precip shield and less ragged. Vort looked slightly better too. At least it wasn't a rug run. 

it did..I guess I shouldnt get caught up in minor QPF differences for MBY....it is a more uniform snow dist...1-2" for western burbs...2-3" for DCA to BWI

it did..I guess I shouldnt get caught up in minor QPF differences for MBY....it is a more uniform snow dist...1-2" for western burbs...2-3" for DCA to BWI

Exactly what I was thinking. More uniform is a minor but important part of the run. And the chances of a total dryslot whiff are fading. That's probably the most important. I'll be damned if I track another complete non accum whiff. I like this hobby because it's challenging but come on man. Let's get some snow on the ground in the city man. 

Still a super sketchy way to get snow here.. the vort pass is fine but it's wonky.  I'm not going in until I see radar. 

I think that is the right play..I think me and you are ok for some snow...but the dryslot might be under/improperly modeled...we could all strike out...

I think that is the right play..I think me and you are ok for some snow...but the dryslot might be under/improperly modeled...we could all strike out...

Could just be noise, but it looks like 700mb is moister on the 12z run than the 6z even when we are being "dryslotted".  Hopefully we won't lose to much of our precious precip to virga.  

Looking at the upper levels, if the trend keeps up, maybe another mini-low at the surface off Carolina?

Yeah, it's the secondary/tail-end low that ends up giving us enough lift to wring out our whopping 0.2" of QPF.  Gotta route for that to trend stronger and the front-end wave to weaken.  

I like any vort that passes in the general vicinity of this one but it's so stretched and ugly I dunno.  Even with the little trailing low we're going to have north to northwesterly winds while it's "snowing." I do think we can probably expect mood flakes to a dusting+.. maybe more, but that's tenuous for now. 

I feel like this is probably the best we're going to do. .10 near DC, more as you head further east. That light green shading over MD/DC/Balt is just hilarious.

gfs_namer_072_precip_p36.gif

If we were 40N we could bank on a north trend. They always happen.. for SNE. 

Archived