• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
January 2/3 Event - Disco., Nowcasting, and Obs.

wxmeddler

Just covering all the bases, that's what they do, no need for pessimism.

problem is they get more skillful as we get closer...even if we toss models - -using analogs,and pattern recognition the pattern doesn't really support a snow more than T-2"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

problem is they get more skillful as we get closer...even if we toss models - -using analogs,and pattern recognition the pattern doesn't really support a snow more than T-2"

Matt, what is sad is this is the best pattern we've had in terms of the Atlantic and we'd be doing good if we had a southern stream.  Having to get a northern stream vort to dig south enough to hit us hard is uber tough. 

Matt, what is sad is this is the best pattern we've had in terms of the Atlantic and we'd be doing good if we had a southern stream.  Having to get a northern stream vort to dig south enough to hit us hard is uber tough. 

Yea, the ironic thing is it's trying to get going off obx but the flat flow out front doesn't do it for us. It wouldn't need to be all that different to allow for it to turn the corner but it is what it is. I'm glad I remained bearish. I'll enjoy whatever falls if it does.

I think the 12z euro is a bit suspect killing off the backside so much. Could be right but other guidance argues against it a little. It's still an "ok" vort pass to get something to fall out of the sky. 

yes...though I think what you said about an east based nao is true...the flow is too progressive and we end up with bagginess over iceland and ridginess off NF...so it is easy for the storm to scoot out even with the -NAO

You could tell by watching the upper maps that it was going to be better. It's amazing at how just a little deepening changed what the surface looked like. I don't think it's unreasonable to think it could end up digging just a bit more which would likely produce noticeable changes, especially for those along the 95 corridor.

Archived