• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
January 2/3 Event - Disco., Nowcasting, and Obs.

wxmeddler

It could still be right...or the 18Z GFS could be right. Nothing really has changed except the southern track is looking more likely.

That trend is good. We need that first and foremost. What happens off the coast is a nailbiter of nearly 3 year proportions. And we have to wait days.....long days...

Please stay up for an hour....I'll get high end coffee delivered....

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

remember those days when we thought we couldn't get dry slotted by a miller A that took a perfect track?   we were so cute and precious then...Now we assume it is the default solution.

Just to add some content...the ridge is in a much better position than boxing day...I think the idea of a complete whiff is less likely

NAM is better but I don't care it's the NAM. The further southwest the troff digs, the better the chance that the  moist plume from the western gulf gets pulled into the storm.  As seen on the crazy gefs members the euro is not the upper limit what could happen.  The 18z GFS and CMC  are about the lower limit.

remember those days when we thought we couldn't get dry slotted by a miller A that took a perfect track?   we were so cute and precious then...Now we assume it is the default solution.

Just to add some content...the ridge is in a much better position than boxing day...I think the idea of a complete whiff is less likely

That was back when it was possible to get an areawide 4-6 inch storm.

Matt, I agree about the ridge but there will be a dryslot of sorts with this setup. It's not a mega blob tracking the gc and turning the corner. So there will be a gap between the weak northern energy and southern track. Precip shield to the West of the low won't be nearly as expansive as a sweet miller a. I know you know this but nothing can take the justified paranoia away from me.

Boxing day was a personal tragic comedy for me. On the heels of 09-10 it was simple going in. We get pounded because that's how we roll...lol....and then the following years were like psychiatric behavior modification.

It's a big improvement from 18z but isn't there yet. Broad 1000mb+ circ off obx with ene trajectory. Dryslot is problematic. It's a good run for trends but not verbatim. NE areas of md do the best. Not surprising given the setup.

but it's been a fast flow all year so we can't discount it by any means

but it's been a fast flow all year so we can't discount it by any means

I'm not discounting it at all. It's right in line with what I have been expecting. Weak lp tracking ene off obx won't get the job done. It's close to a good run but that's about it. We need some amp in front of the vort. I'm not impressed but not punting. That's all I can say.

Archived