12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 21-23rd Winter Storm Part 4

Chicago Storm

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You probably saw transformer explosions. Keep seeing tweets of lightning across the GTA, but there are no strikes detected on Allisonhouse or EC lightning maps.

No, it was thunder and lightening last night about 3 am. I was outside watching for a while thinking maybe transformers but lightening was high in clouds (not ground level flashes)  followed seconds later by muted thunder. Happened a couple of dozen times between 2:45- 3:00 am. then stopped as cell moved eastward.  No doubt, i know my weather.

Thunder and lightening during epic ZR  storm. I have now seen it.

2.4" here. With a 3" glacier underneath.

Nice totals in MKX.

0800 AM HEAVY SNOW SAUKVILLE 43.38N 87.94W
12/22/2013 E7.1 INCH OZAUKEE WI CO-OP OBSERVER

24 HOUR TOTAL AS OF 8 AM

0800 AM SNOW 6 SW MADISON CAPITOL SQ 43.02N 89.47W
12/22/2013 E1.0 INCH DANE WI TRAINED SPOTTER

1.0 INCH NEW SNOW OVER THE LAST HOUR

0910 AM HEAVY SNOW MENOMONEE FALLS 43.15N 88.13W
12/22/2013 E6.3 INCH WAUKESHA WI BROADCAST MEDIA

0935 AM HEAVY SNOW 4 N LAKE GENEVA 42.65N 88.43W
12/22/2013 E6.2 INCH WALWORTH WI TRAINED SPOTTER

STORM TOTAL

Had a total rainfall imby from Friday to this morning (Dec 20-22) of 1.76", with 1.40" of that being from this main storm. Surprisingly not nearly the flooding I was expecting. Im calling snowdepth 1" this morning. We have plenty of 2" spots (and some higher) but also bare spots. Temp is rising too, up to 35F. I suspect by the end of the day we will be at a T of snowdepth, although we will have a bit larger piles and snowbanks than your average torch that hangs around just long enough to destroy everything then the cold filters in lol. Actually....it was all the dewpoint eating fog and rain of Friday that really did us in snowpack wise. That was a bit more than expected, so that put the biggest dent in my snowpack. Hell, my depth was 2" yesterday morning and 1.40" of 32F-34F rain later it was 1". I was up in Macomb last night, and they had a bit more snow left than us (Id say a solid 2")...whereas when I was there on Monday I had a good 4" more on the ground than they did. So I was correct in saying that heavy 33-34F rain would not completely destroy our snowpack, but when I said that I didnt account for nor expect as much warmth as we had Thursday and especially Friday. We really have been doing excellent snow-wise for many years now,  but its just ALWAYS something when it comes to my damn snowpack!!!!!

How strong are these winds supposed to get?

EC forecast for the daytime.

Periods of freezing rain ending early this afternoon then cloudy with 60 percent chance of drizzle. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40. High plus 1.

Tonight

Cloudy. 60 percent chance of flurries overnight with risk of freezing drizzle. Wind northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming southwest 30 gusting to 50 then light after midnight. Low minus 5.

---

Not to ignore the MI posters that experienced -ZR.

100,000 customers w/o power in northern burbs.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/rain-and-ice-leave-100000-without-power-across-northern-detroit-suburbs

4.5" as of now with at least another 3-4".  should do well for 7-8".... def going to be some 10" amounts in N lower.

the whitest Christmas in my life!  walking thru the woods a bit ago and knee deep snow not uncommon.

It would be awesome if you had a live camera!

White Christmas here this year. 60% chance of snow C-eve night.

prob fall just shy of 9"  Back out with the crazies on the roads and stores :weep:

214uwd0.jpg

nvsbb7.jpg

With that second picture I thought you were out in the Northwoods taking a vacation it looked so rustic and wintry.  Will end up around 6" here, started with a sleet/snow mix, and it seemed like the really heavy returns skirted this part of the Milwaukee area, but more than satisfied.

Archived