• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWUS53 KMKX 221641
LSRMKX

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MILWAUKEE/SULLIVAN WI
1041 AM CST SUN DEC 22 2013

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON...
..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE....
..REMARKS..

1034 AM HEAVY SNOW MENOMONEE FALLS 43.15N 88.13W
12/22/2013 M8.5 INCH WAUKESHA WI PUBLIC

1034 AM HEAVY SNOW WHITEWATER 42.83N 88.74W
12/22/2013 M7.0 INCH WALWORTH WI PUBLIC

1034 AM HEAVY SNOW WATERFORD 42.76N 88.22W
12/22/2013 M8.5 INCH RACINE WI PUBLIC

Well I just took a venture into town. It's pretty much devastation everywhere. Trees and branches down everywhere. Saw a couple cars with smashed out windows and large branches on top of them. A main line must have went down because there was fire trucks surrounding this one area and they were roping it off.

Most of town is without power. Never seen the whole town without power before. Whole town is pretty much at a standstill

LOL not evenn close.....we've had 30 hours of flurries last weekend lol

Lol, speak for yourself. I was referring to how Bow was a local jackpot as was my area of SE MI last weekend, only his timing is perfect (for Christmas). DTW was under mod-hvy snow for 7 consecutive hours last Sat and I had a snowfall amount similar to Bows (just under 9"). Completely different storm south of detroit than north.

Lol, speak for yourself. I was referring to how Bow was a local jackpot as was my area of SE MI last weekend, only his timing is perfect (for Christmas). DTW was under mod-hvy snow for 7 consecutive hours last Sat and I had a snowfall amount similar to Bows (just under 9"). Completely different storm south of detroit than north.

Don't even waste your time using logic with Ajdos.

I finished with 4.8", which is a bit disappointing considering most reports from the area are in the 5-6" range.  My liquid total is 0.46", so the ratio was pretty lousy.  I wanted to send in 5", but the vast majority of my measurements were under 5 and only a few exceeded 5.  It was a solid storm, but the >6" snowfall drought continues.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GRAND RAPIDS MI  

1227 PM EST SUN DEC 22 2013  

..TIME... ...EVENT... ...CITY LOCATION... ...LAT.LON  

..DATE... ....MAG.... ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.  

..REMARKS..  

1200 PM ICE STORM 3 NW DELTON 42.53N 85.45W  

12/22/2013 M0.63 INCH BARRY MI TRAINED SPOTTER  

BETWEEN 5/8 AND 3/4 OF AN INCH OF ICE  

ACCUMULATED ON ALL TREES, POWER LINES, AND  

OTHER SURFACES. HEAVY TREE DAMAGE WITH 3  

DOWNED TREES AND MANY LARGE LIMBS DOWN.  

I finished with 4.8", which is a bit disappointing considering most reports from the area are in the 5-6" range.  My liquid total is 0.46", so the ratio was pretty lousy.  I wanted to send in 5", but the vast majority of my measurements were under 5 and only a few exceeded 5.  It was a solid storm, but the >6" snowfall drought continues.

Yeah the snow was fairly wet, especially compared to recent snows.  The good thing about it though is it will have more staying power, especially with the frozen crust that lies beneath it.  Should ensure a solid snow pack well into Jan with the cold that's on the way.

Archived