Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah. Weak CAA and latent heating means it's a slow process.

I think the CAA was just not getting in here. It was a very inefficient angle it seems.

Its being directed from east central maine and the bleed is more SW. Pretty efficient for Maine /SE nh/ne mass . although not cold enuf to ice them (nor was it forecast to)

But the ice advisory's for conway/n conway/ ossipee are busting and i just love 32.5 rain

Amazing drive this morning - at my home near Troy, NY it was 30 degrees with heavy fog at 9:30 AM.  I drove out to Brunswick, less than 10 miles northeast with some elevation gain.  On the way out my windows started fogging up on the outside, and the fog disappeared.  I checked the temperature on my car thermometer, and it was rising rapidly as I drove out.  When I arrived in Brunswick at 9:50 the temperature was 60!!!  

When I departed for home at 10:50 it was noticeably colder and foggy.  The temperature had dropped to 45 in an hour, and was still dropping rapidly.  Back home it is still 30 degrees.   Seems like the cold air is winning, at least for now.

I think the CAA was just not getting in here. It was a very inefficient angle it seems.

Its being directed from east central maine and the bleed is more SW. Pretty efficient for Maine /SE nh/ne mass . although not cold enuf to ice them (nor was it forecast to)

But the ice advisory's for conway/n conway/ ossipee are busting and i just love 32.5 rain

I don't think that's the issue. LEW is only 28F and AUG is only 26F. Latent heating upstream into already meh CAA isn't getting it done. NAM gives us another cold push later.

I'm out here near Duanesburg...western SCH county area.  I was low 30's until the last hour, clouds broke and we spiked to 48, but now the fog has rolled back in and down to 40!  The boundary must be flirting with us. Meso site down in Berne is at 67.

Amazing drive this morning - at my home near Troy, NY it was 30 degrees with heavy fog at 9:30 AM.  I drove out to Brunswick, less than 10 miles northeast with some elevation gain.  On the way out my windows started fogging up on the outside, and the fog disappeared.  I checked the temperature on my car thermometer, and it was rising rapidly as I drove out.  When I arrived in Brunswick at 9:50 the temperature was 60!!!  

When I departed for home at 10:50 it was noticeably colder and foggy.  The temperature had dropped to 45 in an hour, and was still dropping rapidly.  Back home it is still 30 degrees.   Seems like the cold air is winning, at least for now.

I'm out here near Duanesburg...western SCH county area.  I was low 30's until the last hour, clouds broke and we spiked to 48, but now the fog has rolled back in and down to 40!  The boundary must be flirting with us. Meso site down in Berne is at 67.

Moderate ZR in Bolton temp of 31 now.  Still a good foot of snow on the ground.  About .25 of ice.

You could take a ride up to the CT Lakes. ;)  ...A little place called the Happy Corner Cafe that has good food.   http://www.mountainviewcabinsandcampground.com/restaurant/happycornercafe.html

I bet they are very wintry there now.

Glen/jackson border ...def icing . Back 5 miles west in Bartlett, drip drop

Temperature is slowly starting to rise a bit up here...but we've been socked in the clouds and fog all day.  Crept up to 32 now, with a light glaze of ice on my deck and driveway.  Still have several inches of snow on the ground, but that should be gone by tomorrow I'm sure.

Not bad... Your snow will survive.  My final three inches is cooked I'm sure ,,between now and tomorrow afternoon.

dense fog again at 39.

Just in the last 15 minutes we jumped from 36 to 47 and the fog all lifted. Maybe this is the real deal warm air breaking through here. Last time this happened the fog rolled back and we dropped  back 10 degrees.

Temperature is slowly starting to rise a bit up here...but we've been socked in the clouds and fog all day.  Crept up to 32 now, with a light glaze of ice on my deck and driveway.  Still have several inches of snow on the ground, but that should be gone by tomorrow I'm sure.

Archived