e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It definitely is. And it makes sense to a large degree since most of the precipitation-producing frontogenetical forcing will be north. However, I think we're going to have a lot of convective elements around from time to time with the highly anomalous precipitable water Values overrunning the low-level cold air mass. And in between bursts of showers, there will probably be quite a bit of heavy drizzle around.

That may actually accrete more ice as there would be less runoff

The rap model has me at right around 20° by 15z. I think it's going to be cold but I highly doubt it's going to be that cold.

Yeah that's cold for up there.

I was more looking at it aggreeing with the RPM on how far south the frontal boundary is in SNE...RPM has you around 28F at 15z tomorrow. But still has most of NE MA engulfed uner the same airmass (albeit modified some)

That may actually accrete more ice as there would be less runoff

We will definitely accrete ice very well with the moderate to heavy drizzle. However, in order to verify an ice storm we still need some heavier precip from time to time....more than what the ec is showing anyway. I guess there's always that second wave on Monday too.

Yeah that's cold for up there.

I was more looking at it aggreeing with the RPM on how far south the frontal boundary is in SNE...RPM has you around 28F at 15z tomorrow. But still has most of NE MA engulfed uner the same airmass (albeit modified some)

It's definitely going to bleed south. There's really not much to stop it.

We will definitely accrete ice very well with the moderate to heavy drizzle. However, in order to verify an ice storm we still need some heavier precip from time to time....more than what the ec is showing anyway. I guess there's always that second wave on Monday too.

The Euro is actually the driest of the models, I know it did not verify the totals back in IIL, There were some 3"+ in some convection there, But i don't know how that translates when it gets here

Oh boy. Freezing rain at 30-31F here all night...approaching 1/4" of ice on most objects and this is east of the Greens. It is at the point now where it is pretty to look at with ice glimmering on everything and the evergreen branches are all weighted to the ground, but no damage. It can stop anytime though.

Pretty much everyone has fallen below freezing now.

BTV 23/21 ZR with 0.1" per hour QPF

MVL 32/30 ZR with 0.43" QPF last 4 hours

MPV 30/30 ZR

SLK 27/25 ZR

Wild night and morning the the BTV Warning Area...should get some play on the national news. Hearing of 1"+ ice from friends in the northern CPV.

How about this on out of SLK...BTV's AFD mentioned Freezing Rain Thunderstorms too.

KSLK 220940Z AUTO 04011G17KT 2SM VCTS FZRA BR BKN006 OVC013 M03/M04 A2967 AO2 LTG DSNT W TSB34UPB0857E10FZRAE0857B10 P0006

27/25 Thunderstorm Freezing Rain

Yeah this is the most extreme inversion I have ever seen.  Now we are down to 29.5.  Everything is frozen up and iced over again. My remaining 3 or 4 inches of snow set up....  But alas, I assume the heat will break back through here at some point pretty suddenly.

Currently 59 here -- not that far from you.

(5 mi. east of Delhi @1540')

Just getting interesting...couple of lightning/thunder couplets seen/heard this morning with heavy ZR.

Power just went out in Stowe Village.  My driveway was a  mess of evergreen branches falling and/or just leaning way over the road.

We'll see how this plays out today...still pouring freezing rain at like 30 degrees in the village.

Its now dropped to 29F at 1,500ft with heavy freezing rain.

Archived