Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pre Xmas storm

mahk_webstah

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brutal fog on Rt 2

Huge variation in temp W-E down the corridor...  It's 59 in Westminster, and 38 in near-by Gardner...  I am 34 here in Ayer and there's a bit of a biting breeze extending flags toward the S.  We are clearly on the polar side of he llvl wedge at this point.   Huh, ZR adv now in the area...   Whether that succeeds or not we have been pounding this FIT-LWM recession in temp and huge gradient for days during this period of time.  Nice to see things work according to plan...

Looks like hi res meso models bring another pulse of ageo this late afternoon.  It'll be interesting to see if we can get some actual 31/32 type DPs into this.  

Maybe some light FRDZ this evening and overnight for the Lakes. I expect tomorrows precip to largely fall with temperatures above freezing outside of western Maine and maybe the very most favored spots like Conway or Ossipee.

Looks like wildcat/ base of mt Washington should have very solid ice issues. Meso's hit that area hard w coldest temps and most icing by far (in nh)

Wow, look at what happened in OWD when this tuck arrived there ...

221753 SCT005 OVC019 7 43 41 0207 119 67 43

221653 OVC020 10 51 46 0106 105

221553 OVC021 10 66 59 2310G21 102

221453 OVC019 10 65 59 2112G19 100 

I drove through it and recorded the thermostat and maybe will upload. Right after the braintree split heading towards dedham/95 on 93, I couldn't even see my windshield within 10 seconds. Temperature (which reads 3 degrees too high) shot up from 46 to 67 in less than a half mile. All snow vaporized south of that front.

31.6 or so. Finally some wintery appeal. Kind of want to go up by North jackson/ wildcat later. They should be a skating rink

http://johnsnhweather.com/ in Pittsburg is reporting "about a half inch of ice". Tough to verify most of webcams are down or iced up. I think hes around 1800ft. Id assume if you gain a little elevation its pretty iced up or they might be better cold drainage out of canada there in this setup.

Went out to investigate around the sprawling grounds of Jayhawk Estate ... I haven't put any treatment on the walkways and they are more suitable for skates. Had to give the door of the lil red hotrod a big pull to open ... thinking that it may be impossible come morning. Not a great deal of ice accretion though, but making some things difficult.

Archived