joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA & The Fringes - December 2013 Part III

PennMan

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not jumping ship.this seems to happen a lot things go to hell 3 days out only to recover somewhat. Most of our storm systems prior to this one have over performed for the most part. Stay optimistic Atleast for 12z runs . But 2-4 3-5 looks okay for southern pa a bit more in central/northern areas.

Let's not model hug, still time for change

Nobody's model hugging, I just pointed out what the 6z American suite was showing. The thing is, every model, including the Euro, has backed off from the big totals shown yesterday. Whether it's a glitch or a real trend is yet to be known, but it's worth talking about. After all, that's what these forums are about, aren't they?

Hey voyager I did not refer to you in my post specifically. I was just saying it to keep things in perspective. Mainly referring to sauss's post about EWA. Yeah they made a dumb early prediction off one model run. All I'm saying is things can change and will change. Good or bad it is what it is. Atleast there is something on the horizon after this

Hey voyager I did not refer to you in my post specifically. I was just saying it to keep things in perspective. Mainly referring to sauss's post about EWA. Yeah they made a dumb early prediction off one model run. All I'm saying is things can change and will change. Good or bad it is what it is. Atleast there is something on the horizon after this

I know you didn't and I should have worded my post a little differently. I was just using myself as an example.

CTP disco:

THE ZONE IN BETWEEN THE LARGER BATCH OF MOISTURE AND THE OLD
BOUNDARY PRECIP WILL LEAD TO A DONUT HOLE IN THE PRECIP OVER THE
MID-ATLANTIC STATES AND PERHAPS SERN PA. HOWEVER...MOST OF THE
AREA LOOKS TO PICK UP 2-4 INCHES - AND MANY PLACES ACROSS THE
NORTH SHOULD EXCEED 6 INCHES - BUT IT WILL BE SPREAD OUT OVER 30
TO 40 HOURS. THIS IS NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE MORE THAN JUST A MENTION
IN THE HWO AS WE HAVE HAD IN FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS. THE STORM
SHOULD BE DEEPENING RAPIDLY AFTER THE TROUGH PASSES OUR LONGITUDE
AND THE SFC LOW HEADS VERY EASTERLY AND OUT TO THE SHIPPING LANES
OF THE NORTH ATLANTIC ON THURSDAY/NIGHT

A nice steady snow here right now with a few tenths on the ground...looks nice.

My thoughts on the first storm:  

• Most of us see 2-5"
  • Some areas, likely north of I-80, see 5-7"
  • Someone gets a rock, 0.5-2"...most likely area for this looks like maybe some SC or SE counties
  • Bitter cold Friday and Saturday mornings...traditional cold valleys might crack -10 or -15 if it's calm and clear

THE END OF THE WEEKEND AND

FIRST PART OF THE NEW WEEK SEEM VERY MUCH UNCERTAIN AT THIS POINT.

WHILE SOME SOLUTIONS HAD MILD TEMPS AHEAD OF A WET STORM FOR

MONDAY...THE NEW SOLUTIONS HAVE GONE THEIR SEPARATE WAYS. GIANT

SPREADS IN THE MODEL MASS FIELDS MIGHT AS WELL HAVE US BRING OUT

THE DARTS. WILL STAY CLOSE TO WPC GUIDANCE IN THE LATE EXTENDED TO

KEEP FROM CHASING AFTER ONE SOLUTION OR ANOTHER.

At least they are keeping a sense of humor!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/product.php?site=NWS&issuedby=CTP&product=AFD&format=CI&version=1&glossary=1&highlight=off

That Facebook group is sticking with the same graphic it used last night.

Sad. Even more sad is that EPAWA isn't a few kids right out of college. The owner/chief forecaster graduated in 2001. I'm tempted to call them out but I don't feel like getting into an internet pissing match at the moment. Besides, I'm just some moron without a met degree.

CTP disco:

Why is it that the SE counties always get the donut hole. JK   :violin:  Having lived in Lancaster County over the last 20 years we have had our fair share of hits/almosts and misses. I always expect the least and if more falls - bonus time. Perhaps we can get more, but being I see grass outside, some snow is better than no snow and hopefully for the storm next week we can get that to become a much colder storm for all of us especially for us on the SE side of PA.

And while I have a moment am I the only one who hates vodka cold ?? Sorry 10 degrees for a high just doesn't excite me watching the oil burn and having it hurt to go outside lol.

If it must then below -10 or GTFO. That way I can go out and blow frozen soap bubbles like I did several years ago when we got to -18.

If it must then below -10 or GTFO. That way I can go out and blow frozen soap bubbles like I did several years ago when we got to -18.

That's awesome. If we do end up getting that cold, I will try it with kids.

I guess you can get them at higher temps: http://www.boredpanda.com/frozen-bubbles-winter-photography-angela-kelly/

Here's another link about it: http://www.sciencetech.technomuses.ca/english/schoolzone/try-this-out-frozen-bubbles.cfm

It was really cool to watch them freeze in mid-air. Many break, but that's cool too, the icy membranes float to the ground.

Archived