• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Central PA & The Fringes - December 2013 Part III

PennMan

The dryslot looks quite pronounced until you're almost to the Delaware River. I'd say 2-4" is a possibility but no more unless you're near the NY State border or well east. PA notoriously does poorly in these transfer of energy/dryslot type scenarios.

How are you thinking for us here in the northeast jm? Models keep varying for us.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For my area, per Earl Barker's page, the NAM shows, as of 18z, a 6-8 inch snowfall, and the GFS a 4-5 inch snowfall. So as of now per the models 4-8 is the range, at least for eastern Schuylkill County. Not bad, all things considered. With a few more model runs to go we'll see if they go up or down, or stay the same.

Time will tell...

The dryslot looks quite pronounced until you're almost to the Delaware River. I'd say 2-4" is a possibility but no more unless you're near the NY State border or well east. PA notoriously does poorly in these transfer of energy/dryslot type scenarios.

Hard to dispute that.  I'm all to aware of the dreaded dryslot with Miler B's here in the LSV, and most models surely depict that happening here, but the slightest sharpening of the trough here will make appreciable differences in what we get as the secondary looks to transfer below off the Carolinas.  That said, the pattern has always been a progressive one and while "tempted to believe" yesterdays Euro, I knew that the pattern didnt fit that run.  I still think we can eek out a 3-5 in many central pa locals if what I stated earlier happens.  If not, then 1-3 is a safe call w/ the 1" down my way and the 3" in IPT.  

Nut

In DC for the evening for New Years festivities. Left Bellwood in a near whiteout and 25 degrees. Got to DC late this afternoon and it was full fledge spring fling down here with bright sunshine and mid 40s. I'll be back to regular posting later tomorrow.

In DC for the evening for New Years festivities. Left Bellwood in a near whiteout and 25 degrees. Got to DC late this afternoon and it was full fledge spring fling down here with bright sunshine and mid 40s. I'll be back to regular posting later tomorrow.

DC rarely gets a true winter anymore it seems.  I live in York County and commute to Gaithersburg, MD.  Going from 25 and snow to 39 and rain seems like the new thing down there.

NAM has .3-.4 QPF falling here with temps in the single digits 1-4am Friday :lmao:

It's going to be a fun storm I think. As the trough swings in, even the places that are initially dryslotted should grab a few quick inches.

I saw your question earlier just now-NE PA is going to be a tough spot because you'll have to see where the coastal driven precip kicks in later on. If that happens you can get 6"+. If not, 2-4 like everybody else in PA.

Archived