Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/14 to 12/15 Snow Storm Observations

WeatherFox

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going for a walk by the throgs neck bridge soon when the wind picks up it is a great place to observe a storm the long is. sound has a look and feel that is awesome.The ducks and geese will be hunkered down they stick their heads under their wings i will post pics that is what the experience i look forward to when ma nature gets pissed off.

This Afternoon Snow. High near 25. East wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Tonight Snow before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet between 1am and 3am, then rain after 3am. Temperature rising to around 35 by 3am. Breezy, with an east wind 13 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of 0.1 to 0.3 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

:)

NW of I-287 is going to do very very well here... Over 2 inches already with temps 19-20 degrees. Areas up this way look to cash in close to a foot in spots.

I offered the trade of places with you lol. Your area still sits in my zone of those who are going to do very well (NW Hunterdon, Warren, Sussex back up into the I287 area and then NE through Vernon area and up your way continuing into western CT)

I HATE storms like this. you get a nice amount of snow only to be washed away overnight by heavy rain. rather would've had just plain rain so they're wont be a tease.

anyway still periodic light to moderate snow.

This

But the least we can hope for is we get a decent amount of snow today, and a minimal amount of rain tonight. I'm hoping the snow can survive the rain and warmer temps tonight.

Down to 25.7 on a N wind colts neck . Steady snow. Coating on everything. Everyone worrying about losing your snow cover if u get 4 plus inches of snow and u go over but temps sit at 34 35 u hav a good chance that the pack eats the water somewhat. U will not lose it over

Now if u get 2 and it goes to 40 then ur not so lucky

Archived