joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 14/15 winter storm threat part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like this map very much, much said about Weenie maps but judging by everything I looked at it seems pretty darn close.

Seems pretty fair, it's one of those storms where a few miles will make all the difference.  The NAM would be ideal, but it's hard to put any trust into that POS.

Got to love living on the coast.

I like this map very much, much said about Weenie maps but judging by everything I looked at it seems pretty darn close.

I actually do not hate that map all that much for this system...I'd probably slice back a bit down in RI/SE MA and prob back the amounts away from the south coast of CT a bit too...but otherwise not bad.

I actually do not hate that map all that much for this system...I'd probably slice back a bit down in RI/SE MA and prob back the amounts away from the south coast of CT a bit too...but otherwise not bad.

Yea I agree just based on the Euro seems pretty solid. I do think with a low that far south the Euro seems a little warm in the BL. That elongation east is something we see that locks in the colder air..

Yeah but if you call for 2-4 and folks get 8-10 it becomes a problem. Other way does not

it's a conversation for another time/thread - but i don't see it that way.

going high on numbers sets things in motion from a planning/preparation standpoint...plenty of things that can't be corrected/stopped/fixed once they are done. many of those things have costs.

the other way around...to me, is more like adjusting on the fly.  

You're more likely to bust on the high side than the low side, so if you're in the business of being accurate you're probably better off undercutting in the long run.

Not only that, if you bust high a majority of the time, then the idea of "warning the public" is a moot point because nobody is going top believe your "warnings". They will just think "oh that guy is predicting a big storm again...usually doesn't happen as bad as he says it will" and go on their merry way.

Archived