• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

Well, one inch of sleet on top of the 5.25" of pure snow I measured gives me 6.25" for the event. Not too shabby despite the dry pockets that rolled through Schuylkill County a few times today.

Once the changeover came though, temps skyrocketed. I went from 20 degrees at 9:00PM to 29 degrees at the current time.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Evening PA folks, congratz on the snowstorm! Was at the in laws house all day in the hills of South Eden. Took the dog for a 2 hour walk in some really deep snow with my wife. We had a blast and the dog had even more fun. Took a video and a few pictures while on our adventure! Hope you guys enjoy! Average snow depth was less than I thought with around 14-17 inches on the ground. The fluffy nature of Lake Effect Snow compacts very easily in comparison to synoptic systems that's for sure.

Snow Depth

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_033.jpg

Partial frozen creek

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_036.jpg

Guy clearing off snow from the roof

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_037.jpg

Huge snowbank, there is a dog in there somewhere ^_^

I_Phone_PIctures_Fall_2013_042.jpg

Running threw the snow with the dog, awesome workout!

My cousin just sent this to me of how much snow in northwest side of Buffalo. To show you the comparison between 3-4 miles north of Buffalo and 15 miles south of Buffalo.

Ended up with 3.5" in Lancaster and just under a quarter-inch of ice accretion. Driving to work this morning, I slid right through an intersection trying to stop for the red light. Luckily, it was 2am and no one was coming from the other way. Here is what my work parking lot looked like when I finally arrived

post-5336-0-76027500-1387110592_thumb.jp

post-5336-0-86596500-1387110604_thumb.jp

Well the snow seemingly took forever to get started here yesterday. Good thing my wife had me out the house yesterday. When it started finally we had some great rates. I measured 3.2" of snow on the board when the sleet started last evening. Melted everything down to .72" of precip.

I never re-measured last night, last i had was 3".

I honestly thought we were in trouble with the sleet and freezing rain. When i went to bed at 1030ish, i could see the ice sicles on the lights at the firehouse, some were easily a foot long.

I tried posting pics but for some reason its not letting me from my phone

Archived