Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been out and about and did some snow blowing over at my grandparents. Roads are a mess. I-99, primary, and secondary state roads are plowed but snowpacked. The township roads back here haven't even been plowed since this afternoon before the main show moved in, so they probably have about 4 or 5 inches on them. 

Precip fought to be snow for a long time but we finally went over to mainly a light sleet/freezing drizzle mix about an hour ago. So the top of the snowpack is pretty crusty. Measured 7.0" for the total snowfall. Quite happy with the storm, and also pretty happy with the forecast map I put out as well as it seemed to do pretty well in most regions. I'm glad I kept my 6" line north of Harrisburg.

Snow is extra crusty now, with more zr to come.

same here but now the 3"+ of snow is high in liquid content... so aside from the ice it is now the dangerous shoveling type because it doesnt look like much but is heavy

I shoveled as soon as it switched over. Good luck to everyone that has yet do so so, take it easy and don't hurt yourself.

Im not touching anything until tomorrow morning. Screw freezing drizzle on bare pavement.

I was going to do it but decided to wait until after the rain was done... then when i saw how heavy it was I decided to wait until maybe some sun tomorrow... good thing my driveway faces south

snow and sleet...this precip is persistent. I would have never imagined I'd still be getting precip now.

I have a weather app on my phone that does a future radar forecast. I don't how good it is, but, for what it's worth, it never has that dry slot making it here.

I shouldn't say never, as it does make it here, but not until around 10:00 to 11:00 PM.

Perhaps that future radar forecast on my phone app isn't all that bad. It's still sleeting here, but when everyone was concerned about that dry slot in WV....

Archived