Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA/fringes of MD - December 2013 continued

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before we focus on this weekend... Thursday will be one of those days that really pulls us below normal for the month of December... lows in single digits in a number of areas... highs in teens and 20s when normal is upper 30s to low 40s... not quite record lows but up there in terms of coldest highs...

Before we focus on this weekend... Thursday will be one of those days that really pulls us below normal for the month of December... lows in single digits in a number of areas... highs in teens and 20s when normal is upper 30s to low 40s... not quite record lows but up there in terms of coldest highs...

Its going to be pretty chilly Friday Morning in the woods. May be 10 degrees.

Central PA/Fringes of MD/and All Other Misfit Toys

nobody wants a Charlie in the box!

Well now, those Euro numbers for this weekend certainly caught my attention. This sure has been an interesting period watching model snow and real snow.

Today was a very nice event here. We finished with 3.8" of snow with .32" of liquid. About a 12:1 ratio. We have already exceeded our monthly average snowfall in the past two days. We are due after 2 below average years.

Where I am located, if the NWS out of CTP says, "this is a classic setup for a Central, PA snowstorm", I know we (in Lancaster) are going over to rain. If they say, "Its probably too far east for most of our forecast area", then I know its game on.

If the Euros depiction is right, we may be ok here even in Lanc. (the land of the misfits...i like it)

Nut

Central PA/Fringes of MD/and All Other Misfit Toys

After these last two events Fringes of Maryland (and York/Lancaster counties) has taken the lead in the snow dept over me and Jamie. Only a dusting up here this morning followed by a pretty sunny and cold day. I was never really expecting much from today's event up here, but it's great to see the southeastern folks in our forum get a couple nice events. Best part is that the snow will be sticking around through at least this week. 

8.8" on the season so far. 

Cantore's brewin' up an I-95 mass suicide with this "Euro shows all snow for NYC and Boston" talk.

Every time an I-95 weenie blows the brains out of the back of their skulls, an angel gets its wings...

Ha. Four days out is wayyyyyy to early to sound the horns. As I learned this morning, 30 minutes out might be too soon as well though.

After these last two events Fringes of Maryland (and York/Lancaster counties) has taken the lead in the snow dept over me and Jamie. Only a dusting up here this morning followed by a pretty sunny and cold day. I was never really expecting much from today's event up here, but it's great to see the southeastern folks in our forum get a couple nice events. Best part is that the snow will be sticking around through at least this week. 

8.8" on the season so far. 

Down here in the land of misfits (Lancaster), I recorded 2.8" on the first snow storm followed by ice, then 4.8" on today's storm for a total of 7.6". Not sure of the exact number recorded at KLNS, but if 4" or more, it would be the first time 4 inches fell from one storm in over 1000 days. I'll have to dig up the exact numbers/days when I get to work tomorrow.

it would be the first time 4 inches fell from one storm in over 1000 days.

I think you used the number 1,000 for dramatic effect lol. 1,000 days sounds like a lot longer than the couple of years it really is.

Example:

caway6.jpg

That seems a helluva lot longer than if he had just put "4 years".

"Chuck Noland was here 4 years? Pshht. So was <insert POTUS here>."

I knew this morning when I woke up and looked at the radar. Grrrr dry slotted - that we wasn't going to get much snow.

But we had snow flurries for the better part of the day. Which strangely....I really enjoy these wintery kind of days.

Drinking coffee sitting by the fireplace watching it snow with no snow cleanup.

Happy that the southern members is getting some well deserved snow!!!

Archived