Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
What is the warmest temp you have ever been in

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No thought necessary on this one, July 1996, Needles, CA. 118 degrees. I was trying to pump gas in my car, had on sandals, and the pavement was buring my feet through the sandals. I finally had to move into some shade while it filled up, a guy working there saw me suffering, struck up a conversation and then said "this ain't too bad, it was 121 last week". I didn't say it, but I thought I'd kill myself before I'd live in that.

i've driven across the az desert in the summer, and i think i recall seeing like 110F or 111F on the thermometer, but the worst i've ever actually spent a decent amount of time outside in is 107F, both at a family reunion at a park in omaha a few years ago and last august at A&M in college station, tx.

most uncomfortable is a tie. downtown fort worth in a suit when it was 105. not a dry heat that day.

new orleans around labor day one year. everyone was partying in the streets. no wind. no shade. loaded with loaded people. upper 90s with upper 70s dewpoints. it is tough to make me uncomfy in heat, but those did it.

Yeah, Las Vegas in the summer of 1989 installing fiber glass insulation in full protective garb while working on a new home. I'd estimate it was 115F or higher outside, probably closer to 130F (inside the home) under the conditions we were working in.

Hell on earth

Sounds like the summer of 2010

summer 2009 palm beach florida string of days in july at the beach was 100F with dews 75-80 ......dripping sweat at the beach and then hallucinations. heat index wise that was the worst with temps not getting below 80 for a week or so... did i mention the a.c crapped out in my car and then when i got it "fixed" they said "we didn't hear you ask to fix the a.c" ....i'm not allowed back in that shop.

Yeah, Las Vegas in the summer of 1989 installing fiber glass insulation in full protective garb while working on a new home. I'd estimate it was 115F or higher outside, probably closer to 130F (inside the home) under the conditions we were working in.

Hell on earth

Actually here's the weather map to the day.....

Archived