Newest Member
    joxey
What is the warmest temp you have ever been in

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad you missed Lake Havasu when they hit 128F. :whistle:

Steve

I had been through Havasu about 1-2 hours prior. I was driving a delivery route that day along the Colorado River. Ran from Phx to Parker, then up the river to Havasu, Bullhead, then over to Kingman, then back to Phx. I didn't know the official temps until I got home and saw the newscast weather. Phx was only 117 that day.

118 in Death Valley, CA. July 2005.

Yea I was in Death Valley too. Not sure how hot it got but well over 110. I took the scenic route from Vegas to San Fran w/ my buddy about 5 years ago. Craziest part was stopping to get 5 gallons of water just in case we broke down and then 3 hours later seeing Mt. Whitney. It's so insane how extreme that area is in such a short distance.

I still think Florida heat in the summer is worse than anything out west can offer. 95 for a high and 85 for a low w/ close to 100% humidity and dewpoints above 75 for 3-4 months straight. I like heat, but it gets to you after a while.

Have driven from LA to Vegas twice. The most recent time last summer when it was 110-115..the stop in Barstow was the worst. Vegas was 100-108 both days which was actually pretty cool for July out there...The first trip 10 years ago was about 5-10 degrees hotter though and distinctly recall 118 on the car thermometer going down I-15.

Have spent several random days over the years in Palm Springs, CA also with temps in the 118-122 range....but it's a dry heat axesmiley.png

119°F - Phoenix,AZ

Lived there for a 5 years of my life.

Five years in Phoenix for me as well. I lived there from 1996-2001. If I had it all to do over again, I would have never left the desert. I love it out there and there isn't a day in my current life that I don't long to move back.

109 or 110F in Washington D.C. in the summer of 1979; the next day the temp dropped to 103F and it was noticeably cooler!!

Having spent ~50 years in my hometown of Washington, D.C./Montgomery County,, I would have to challenge that. Though I've no stats in front of me, my memory of D.C. weather is pretty good, and I believe the record high there is 109F having occurred only once during the 1930s.

Since the early 1950s in D.C. I've seen plenty of 105s, a few 106s and perhaps a super-rare 107 to 108 but nothing beyond that. The most stunning heat wave I recall was one back in the 1960s with many consecutive days over 100F.

If there's a met or statistician out there watching; please feel free to chime in.

All the above is of course based on National Airport temperatures; moderated by the Potomac River (both winter and summer.) The highest extreme temps in the metro area seem to be in the exurbs, out towards the lee of the mountains. Frederick Maryland, smaller, higher, and northwest of D.C. gets both colder in winter and hotter in summer; surely related to those nearby mountains.

Whatever the case, metro D.C. with its nasty humidity is insufferable when the temperature climbs above 100F, and going outside at 105F+ is sheer torture.

One of the benefits of moving here to Wilmington, NC (midway between airport and the 5 miles away ocean) is that it's not so miserably hot in summer, even though I'm hundreds of miles to the south! (And the sea breeze here is potent.)

Don't miss the D.C. "misery index" at all....(but okay, I do miss the snow...if only a little bit.)

I spent 3 weeks in Greece in July 2007. First two weeks people were wearing light jackets at night. The third week I was there the pattern switched dramatically and the temp hit 110F around the parts I was staying at. Apparently it was their hottest heatwave in over 100 years. Lucky me lol.

Archived