joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. On radar you can see the back edge of our snow already closing in on Allentown. Probably only about an inch for us. Good for the folks to our south, but I'm also jealous.

A inch was my goal for this event, plus it gets us on the board. Still don't know where that late night preciep is going to come from

a coating of snow here. lame

10 - 14 going off NE DE into SNJ  3- 5 into CNJ and the Park may get 2 . Actually one of the better surprise systems in a while .

Not to mention 1 st time  I have ever seen the Euro miss a WARNING  ( ne de - snj ) snow - inits  48 hrs - 36 hrs - 24 hrs

Steve D just increased amounts for NYC 2-4. Expects changeover around 4AM in NYC but wouldn't be too surprised if change was delayed.

Precip ending tomorrow morning.

4AM? That's ridiculous. Models pass the 0C line at 850 here just after 3z-10pm. I think the best the city can hope for is snow up to that point. And also keep in mind that warmth above that layer could come before that, meaning the sleet pings may come beforehand. But hopefully we can all see an inch or two by then.

10 - 14 going off NE DE into SNJ  3- 5 into CNJ and the Park may get 2 . Actually one of the better surprise systems in a while .

Not to mention 1 st time  I have ever seen the Euro miss a WARNING  ( ne de - snj ) snow - inits  48 hrs - 36 hrs - 24 hrs

it was a dry air enhanced frontogenesis band. the models often miss those

It must be real isolated amounts that high, the PNS seems to indicate that out of MT Holly where some locales had 9 in a county and others 2 or 3, it looks like even downtown Philly saw much less than the airport.

It must be real isolated amounts that high, the PNS seems to indicate that out of MT Holly where some locales had 9 in a county and others 2 or 3, it looks like even downtown Philly saw much less than the airport.

Yeh , not wide spread but in the Philly thread had  a 10 spot measurement around 3 pm

4AM? That's ridiculous. Models pass the 0C line at 850 here just after 3z-10pm. I think the best the city can hope for is snow up to that point. And also keep in mind that warmth above that layer could come before that, meaning the sleet pings may come beforehand. But hopefully we can all see an inch or two by then.

Why are you still looking at the model?

He had it changing much earlier but cold air is really not budging like the models thought so he just changed it. He's not the only one saying this now.

It's like what DT said... Old man winter is telling the models to kiss his ass... Lol

A inch was my goal for this event, plus it gets us on the board. Still don't know where that late night preciep is going to come from

Yeah even though I'm a little jealous because they got so much just a little to our south, I'm still happy with an inch. That's a pretty nice event for as early as December 8th.

Archived