• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

I can do my forecast from the moon and still I wouldn't forecast 2-4 for NYC. There's zero support for such a forecast, literally zero.[/quote

It seems there is no now casting ever going on there they just take what the models showed 12-24 hours prior and keep running with it

I believe that was in reference to Steve D. not TWC

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where was the support for a foot of snow that fell in parts of southern Jersey, DE and parts of PA? NOAA did increase snowfall of 1-2 for NYC.

That was because of a 20 mile wide mesoscale band you always know going into an event a mega band may form somewhere...even my caution in my forecasts that the coating to 2 inches for NYC could be more was based off the chance of earlier and more intense overrunning not a meso band...the mega bands are not too much a black eye to the forecast when they occur in a 6-10 inch event and someone sees 15 but when they occur in an event like this thru stand out...that said there will be plenty of ordinary joes and Janes in SE PA SRN NJ and DE holding grudges against the Mt Holly NWS for the next 2 years because in their non meteorological mind they think they should have predicted this

I was worried about suppression from the very beginning. I still think we will do just fine. I have a slushy inch so far. Ground is whitened for the first time this year and it was coming down borderline heavy for about an hour.

pchg.gif?1386545769427

where do u have an inch?

Archived