• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
12/8 - 12/9 2nd wave OBS

UlsterCountySnowZ

I'm not whining and being jealous-you'll note my prior post congratulating folks that got snow-I've seen enough snow here the past 10 yrs to be happy forever, so no biggie that this one is going to miss most of us.....I'm happy for the folks getting it, I'm just looking at radar and current trends and saying what I think-models have been horrible with this system, so not going with snow just because some model said it would be here by x hour.

i wasn't talking about you. Nothing worse than people calling bust before models even had precip arriving.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally different setup. This is going to redevelop into a weak coastal. That's why the precip over western PA is dying off.

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

I think for anyone that's concerned about NYC snows and points north and west should watch... The only reason why I said earlier that I was doubting accumulating snows north and west is because this model has much more precip shown than what Radars are currently projecting..

http://collaboration.cmc.ec.gc.ca/cmc/cmdn/pcpn_type/pcpn_type_gem_reg.html

I think for anyone that's concerned about NYC snows and points north and west should watch... The only reason why I said earlier that I was doubting accumulating snows north and west is because this model has much more precip shown than what Radars are currently projecting..

Give it some time and be thankful that the low level cold air seems to be hanging tough.

models are not handling this correctly ...so best thing to do is really nowcasting...

Some are doing okay at some points and then wrong at others, nothing really handling it well straight through, the HRRR/RAP were not doing well this morning, then they were spot on for a few hours now they're wrong again...neither is seeing any of this snow moving in from EPA in NRN NJ

Really u think we have a chance at mixing that early?... I hope not lol

No, I think that the changeover should begin around that time from south to north. I will say that it's colder at this hour so far at the surface than any model had it. Most of the modeling had the boundary NW of I-95.

fztp.gif?1386534619798

Archived