joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the same boat as you, I look at it this way, IF we are going to bust, I prefer we bust big, because I like big busts.

I have not posted much on any of these threats this week because I had a bad feeling a week ago just looking at how the waves seemed to be setting up that this was going to be a very frustrating situation for me and it has seemed to follow my expectations.  When this is all over come Wednesday, there is likely to be a very narrow 20 miles wide strip that did not get any significant snow and I am right in the middle of it.  I take full blame for this.

I would like to apologize to the snow lovers in the east central PA area for moving into the area but I fear my move from MD to Pine Grove has doomed us this winter.  I have a LONG record of having to suffer for at least 2 winters after I move while my old location gets dumped with snow.  Oddly it often happens when I move to a location that averages more snow as well.  When I moved from southern NJ to northwest VA in the early 90's, even though northern VA averaged more snowfall...I had to watch as my first 2 winters we got nothing but ice while NJ got snow after snow.  When I moved to PA in 1999 I had to watch as the only 2 significant snowfalls that winter crushed my old location in VA.  When I moved back to VA in 2004 I saw PA form a glacier while I enjoyed 33 and rain all winter long.  In 2007 I moved to MD and again for 2 winters saw my old house in VA get more snow.  All in all, I have moved 7 times and every time my old location got more snow the following winter.  I am truly sorry for having doomed this region.  On the bright side, I have often had epic historic winters in my new locations in year 2 or 3 living there so there is hope in the future.

Looks like a pretty decent area of heavier snow about to move in here coming from Pittsburgh. Might help get some better snows up to State College and Harrisburg. Def gonna help reinforce what's going on in the southern tier of PA. Saw someone post about having 5" in southern York County over in the Mid-Atlantic thread. CTP might have to monitor for warning upgrades for their southeastern PA/MD border counties if those kinds of totals become more widespread. 

Archived