joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - December 2013

PennMan

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was all last winter, no reason to expect any different.

My parents in Texas had 3.5" snow/sleet today. Let that sink in, haha. They're up to 5.5" this year, they average like 2" year.

I have a trace. :)

This is going to be one of those years that Texas / Arkansas and Oklahome wind up with more snow than Harrisburg.  Damn SE Ridge.

I saw that back edge comin at around 8-9pm on my Radarscope on my phone and I knew we were in trouble for reaching our forecast amounts. Just got back home from work, 2 inches of wet concrete snow here. Probably a little less than that in Altoona. The changeover seemed to happen as advertised, but dang that precip shut off fast. 

I saw that back edge comin at around 8-9pm on my Radarscope on my phone and I knew we were in trouble for reaching our forecast amounts. Just got back home from work, 2 inches of wet concrete snow here. Probably a little less than that in Altoona. The changeover seemed to happen as advertised, but dang that precip shut off fast. 

Ya, I was worried myself when the precip over Ohio didn't look like the strong band the NAM was modeling (before I left for the party), but I just assumed frontogenesis would do its dirty work. Nope.

02-03 and 03-04 were good years at State College when I was up there. Hopefully they'll return some day.

Hey, that's when I was there too!

Anyways, I am a native Central PA guy, so I enjoy stopping in and checking out how you guys are doing weather-wise. I grew up in Lancaster, so I know a few things about getting the "snow screw" lol

I intentionally moved to a location that gets 100 inches a year on average. I hope you are all doing well. My wife and I will be returning to central PA for two weeks around Christmas, so I will be joining you all on here for a little bit. Merry Christmas!

:lol:

We're not 1/2" short of model projections. We're 3-5 inches short.

:lol:

The NYC forum and the other I-95 forums would have multiple bannings, threads shut down, troll wars, "weenie suicides", etc had this happened to them tonight. At least this thread laughs it off as academic. Sucks though that it didn't come together-hopefully better off next time. As Jamie said, last couple of seasons have been better there at least.

On another note-our rain here was a bust too. A half inch of rain maybe at JFK as of now. Onto our hour long snow/sleet "burst" before rain/drizzle on Monday morning!!

The changeover seemed to happen as advertised, but dang that precip shut off fast. 

Yeah, what was the cause of that? When I got home from work, the radar looked solid nearly all the way to Kentucky. Then by the early evening, you could see a few "holes in the precip" moving toward the area, then by 9:00PM or so, you could just see it totally falling apart, especially where the precipitation was of the frozen variety.

Archived