wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 1

dmc76

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely. Have to soak it up. Specifically for LAF, we're in rare territory here at the moment. We've had some good runs in the past 7 years...but nothing like this winter to date. I hope we can finish it off in grand fashion. Go big or go home.

~150% of entire average seasonal snow on January 22.  Winning. 

forgot to shut my garage door after getting back from taking my son to school....pepsi (stored in the garage) is now slush....crap

Had several bottles of wine freeze in the garage. Smells, interesting.

I have some odd salt crystals in the garage where the snow melt off the car had basically sublimated, leaving behind the salt. I will post some photos later.

if we were grading on quarters.  1st quarter would get an A.   Second quarter a D   and so far the third quarter is a D with time to improve significantly depending on what the next 6 day clipper parade yields.

Obviously I weigh my grades heavily on snow....much less on extreme cold.    Will need an epic turnaround in the last quarter to think about anything above a B+ final.  

I mean, Columbus will finish January having reached seasonal average, and January will likely be a top 10-15 coldest ever, so relative to normal, we're doing great.  Relative to the rest of the subforum, though, it's hard to feel like we're not getting ripped off.

I mean, Columbus will finish January having reached seasonal average, and January will likely be a top 10-15 coldest ever, so relative to normal, we're doing great.  Relative to the rest of the subforum, though, it's hard to feel like we're not getting ripped off.

Yea it's all relative.   We ripped out the gate at full speed and hit a wall.  Jan. 5th was my biggest heartbreak event second only to xmas eve '02.   Then a parade of misses taking us up to now.   Let's see if the crap streak will continue or if we can break its back starting this weekend.

Yea it's all relative.   We ripped out the gate at full speed and hit a wall.  Jan. 5th was my biggest heartbreak event second only to xmas eve '02.   Then a parade of misses taking us up to now.   Let's see if the crap streak will continue or if we can break its back starting this weekend.

Here's how I see the rest of the week into next, playing out if the same patterns hold true.

Friday: High at 11:59PM around 25, maybe upper 20s.

Saturday:  Snow, but nothing exceptional.  An inch or so at best.  Temps rise to low-middle 30s before falling late.

Sunday: Low around 0-5, rapidly rising into the low 30s (There's a chance that at least Saturday or Sunday could feature temps warm enough to melt whatever tiny amount of snow is on the ground).  Snow, but again, nothing significant.  Low ratios.  Around 1".

Monday: Snow ends, temp drops. 

Tuesday-Thursday: Highs above forecast, lows well above forecast.  Nothing below the negative single digits.

So basically, snow, but not enough to do anything but be annoying and disappointing, and cold, but not cold enough to threaten any records.

Here's how I see the rest of the week into next, playing out if the same patterns hold true.

Saturday:  Snow, but nothing exceptional.  An inch or so at best.  Temps rise to low-middle 30s before falling late.

Sunday: Low around 0-5, rapidly rising into the low 30s (There's a chance that at least Saturday or Sunday could feature temps warm enough to melt whatever tiny amount of snow is on the ground).  Snow, but again, nothing significant.  Low ratios.  Around 1".

Tuesday-Thursday: Highs above forecast, lows well above forecast.  Nothing below the negative single digits.

So basically, snow, but not enough to do anything but be annoying and disappointing, and cold, but not cold enough to threaten any records.

you have no where to go but to be pleasantly surprised....  :lol:

Here's my prediction:

Friday night snow moves in....3" on ground by daybreak Saturday, blowing around on 40 mph gusts, additional 2"  Saturday. 

Sunday snow moves in by late afternoon,...4" on ground by Monday morning.  Temps drop to single digits.   Next two days feature highs around zero and lows of -20 and -15.  Temps moderate by Thursday when we begin to track an app runner showing up on all the models for the following weekend.

LOL

You're depressing the hell out of me, jb!

Massive accident on I-94 near Michigan City IN, likely weather related as there was a band of LES in the area at the time.  2 dead so far but it looks really bad with many vehicles involved.  My brother in law passed by there and said he's never seen anything like it.

you have no where to go but to be pleasantly surprised....  :lol:

Here's my prediction:

Friday night snow moves in....3" on ground by daybreak Saturday, blowing around on 40 mph gusts, additional 2"  Saturday. 

Sunday snow moves in by late afternoon,...4" on ground by Monday morning.  Temps drop to single digits.   Next two days feature highs around zero and lows of -20 and -15.  Temps moderate by Thursday when we begin to track an app runner showing up on all the models for the following weekend.

LOL

That's a lot closer to what models have, but we know how well they've been doing for us.

Massive accident on I-94 near Michigan City IN, likely weather related as there was a band of LES in the area at the time.  2 dead so far but it looks really bad with many vehicles involved.  My brother in law passed by there and said he's never seen anything like it.

post-830-0-42410800-1390524582_thumb.jpg

Horrible, and considering the number of trucks this is going to be closed for a while. Problem I have noticed lately with the snows are the truckers speeding compared to the rest of the traffic, this is what happens when they can't stop.

yes, the truckers seem to think they are invincible to snow and ice

anybody teetering on edge of having mental problems due to the endless cold/snow (at least in my neck of the woods) might be sent over the edge over the next 4 to 5 days....Especially if there is even hints at a decent snowstorm by the tv mets next weekend (ish) as we are trying to get our temps above zero midweek.

anybody teetering on edge of having mental problems due to the endless cold/snow (at least in my neck of the woods) might be sent over the edge over the next 4 to 5 days....Especially if there is even hints at a decent snowstorm by the tv mets next weekend (ish) as we are trying to get our temps above zero midweek.

Without a doubt I have felt on the edge of a mental breakdown.

Archived