Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Winter '13/'14 Banter/Complaint Thread Part 1

dmc76

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anybody teetering on edge of having mental problems due to the endless cold/snow (at least in my neck of the woods) might be sent over the edge over the next 4 to 5 days....Especially if there is even hints at a decent snowstorm by the tv mets next weekend (ish) as we are trying to get our temps above zero midweek.

My snow-hating friends on Facebook are going nuts! Lol...my FB newsfeed is now one large "complaint thread" from them. :P

It almost felt warm when i was shielded from the wind and feeling the sun. This winter has been intense...loving the anomalous weather and extremes, but it's getting to me.

The only part I don't like is the bitter cold. I LOVE walking during the winter....and the cold/wind has made it a little difficult to walk for long. 20s would be fine by me!

The only part I don't like is the bitter cold. I LOVE walking during the winter....and the cold/wind has made it a little difficult to walk for long. 20s would be fine by me!

To have these negative temps and strong winds has been crazy.    Can you imagine the overnight lows if we had some calm nights!?!?!  I think the winds have prevented records from falling left and right!!

To have these negative temps and strong winds has been crazy.    Can you imagine the overnight lows if we had some calm nights!?!?!  I think the winds have prevented records from falling left and right!!

For sure...and to think this is what Wisconsin feels like in a normal winter!?! Haha. Another reason I love Lake Michigan!

yeah, i'm only complaining about the bitter cold. You know it's bad when -4 is a relief but the snow has been ample.

Swiftly approaching A+ category for this winter IMBY... not in terms of what I like....but just legit winter conditions.  One big dog would seal the deal

Heck....this month alone could almost make any whole winter a solid B+ to A- (yet, that would degrade the grading scale of a "whole winter" season anyways)....but you get my point

Just throw them the bread crust ends ... nobody eats those anyway right ... :P

That's what I gave them today! Gave them hard pizza crust one day last week. Actually some blue jays took off with some of that.

As long as the pattern changes to something more active next month, the winter will remain at an "A" imo.

2013-14 has destroyed the last 2 years. A+ all the way so far.

oh yeah...if you throw any comp's to the last 2 years this is off the charts A+

and I was just thinking about the extreme events over the last fiscal year...from the extreme warmth last winter, to the extreme flooding event in the spring, to being in 2 high risk outlooks, the extremities of this winter....then splash in just long enough zzzzzz periods to reboot the weather weenie in me....well all that's left is a Big Dog and it's about as good as it can get in 12 month period as a weather nut...

granted this is focused IMBY....but still

That's what I gave them today! Gave them hard pizza crust one day last week. Actually some blue jays took off with some of that.

As long as the pattern changes to something more active next month, the winter will remain at an "A" imo.

haha...he persuaded me to actually throw my bread crusts out to the squirrels....even though I don't mind them...I felt bad for 'em :(

Sad to see the crazy clipper pattern with periodic snows and snow cover end. Pattern late this week into next week looks interesting but I have a feeling these will be slop storms locally which I'm not a huge fan of. Overall this has been a great winter so far minus the two rain storms.

I don't mind the clipper pattern, but I can do without the near record cold. -9 and -11 are the records at SBN and FWA today (Monday), and both are in jeopardy with temps falling like a rock this evening.

I'm ready for a pattern change, even if it involves some slop. Just no ice please.

For me the clipper pattern has been pretty fun from a tracking standpoint, but we haven't seen more than a few inches with any of them.  I remember clippers dropping 5-6" of fluff here all the time in previous years.  Just couldn't cash in on any of the better ones here, as they've mainly missed just northeast.  Southwest flow systems have generally avoided this area so far this season as well.  Hopefully we can finally capitalize on something in Feb or early March before time runs out on yet another season without a 6"er.

For me the clipper pattern has been pretty fun from a tracking standpoint, but we haven't seen more than a few inches with any of them.  I remember clippers dropping 5-6" of fluff here all the time in previous years.  Just couldn't cash in on any of the better ones here, as they've mainly missed just northeast.  Southwest flow systems have generally avoided this area so far this season as well.  Hopefully we can finally capitalize on something in Feb or early March before time runs out on yet another season without a 6"er.

Next clipper pattern needs to resemble December 2010. I'm sold on that, if you're good with it. ;)

Archived