12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2013 Obs

metalicwx366

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another 80 degree day here and the only moisture I have seen falling, was from the sweat dripping off my forehead while I was shopping  <_<  

I'll send you some of my extra's.  3.3 and still coming up in train cars on this wonderful track.  This is the most rain I've had in one day since the Mole rains July two years ago.  It's about time too!!  T

Haven't seen this much rain since the flood of 2009. I wouldn't be surprised if my 5" rain gauge is overflowing when I get home.

Yeah, I'm working on 4 now and I'm still on the southern edge of the train.  I'll have to pour out the bucket before long.  It's official...this is the most rain I've had in one 24 hour period since the basement flooded, and that may have been over more than 24 hours.  This may go all the way back to 1999, it's been so parched here for so long, and everything missing me north like your 09 funtime, or doing the cursed lands split.  This is the best weather present I've had since Cold Rain's best Christmas weather present ever, and then for maybe 30 or 40 years before then, for all I know.  T

Yeah, I'm working on 4 now and I'm still on the southern edge of the train.  I'll have to pour out the bucket before long.  It's official...this is the most rain I've had in one 24 hour period since the basement flooded, and that may have been over more than 24 hours.  This may go all the way back to 1999, it's been so parched here for so long, and everything missing me north like your 09 funtime, or doing the cursed lands split.  This is the best weather present I've had since Cold Rain's best Christmas weather present ever, and then for maybe 30 or 40 years before then, for all I know.  T

Woo hooo!! thumbsupsmileyanim.gif  :hug:  

I'm not expecting anything close to that, but something close to .50 and I'll be happy :lol: 

Unreal how steady the rain has been all day. Electronic gauge says 3.73" but that typically runs low and radar estimates are closer to 4.5". Looking at the radar, there appears to be a dry slot down by Auburn and Montgomery that may dry us out in a few hours.

Allatoona Creek down the street briefly crested above flood stage (13 feet) this afternoon around 1PM but has since fallen some. I drove over it right near the crest and it was quite a sight.

This pales in comparison to 2009, but it's definitely the closest thing we've had since!

Kind of getting that 2009 feel here.  We are somewhere in the area of 6" with more on the way.  Allatoona was roaring with current earlier and most of the creeks are out of their banks.  The creek on my parents property is now at 2009 levels.

When you say Allatoona I assume you mean Allatoona Creek? Where exactly were you at? I live real close to the gauge near Mars Hill.

I know the rains are coming, but it sure seemed strange to walk outside just now and see a star-studded sky and Orion waving down at me! So far today, a few passing sprinkles this side of Raleigh - no accumulation.

The clear skies are probably why the current temp of 61 is 5 degrees lower than forecasted.

I wonder how much rain Rainforrest has picked up. Probably like 20 inches.

If we don't make it below 70 before midnight we are going to break the record high minimum. Not sure what it is, but the low has probably never been 70 in December.

On 12-7-13, we broke the record high minimum of 62 with the low only going down to 64.

approaching 2 inches in the rain bucket here along the escarpment...all the short range models indicate another surge of rain tonight for North Georgia and the Carolina Mountains, be interesting to see if that verifies.

Looks like its going to verify...I have in excess of 3 inches and the conveyor belt of rain has stalled along the Apps tonight. 5 inches look like a real possibility for this storm...those kind of totals usually sends the Upper Catawba out of its banks and into the overflow areas...

This will prob end up being the biggest single rain event since the early May flood.

It appears that the lowest for today so far at Savannah is 70 (though there's a small chance it is 69). With a forecasted high in the low 80's, the 70 has a good chance to hold up.  If it does, it would be the warmest low temp. at Savannah on record for any date in Dec.-March going back at least to when records started in 1874!! Exciting times in wx history!

Well, Savannah did have a low of 70, which makes it a new record warmest low for any day in Dec.-Mar since records started in 1874!

Also, Savannah had a new record high today of 83. In addition, this record high ties the highest ever in Dec. with three other dates, is the 2nd 83 of this month, and is the 6th high in the 80's this month, which per Don S. is the only other time in addition to 1931! This has ben an absolutely incredible month.

Yay Tony!!!! Congratulations on the great 5"+ news! I drove through a lot of that mess this afternoon from Atlanta to Savannah. Consequently, the traffic between Atlanta and Jackson was some of the worst in memory! I didn't expect that on a Sunday before Christmas, but I guess the rain really screwed it up bigtime!

Archived