CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
December 2013 Obs

metalicwx366

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's finally started to rain here.  After getting cheated all summer.  The last 3 events have provided 1.5, then 2 over 8 days, and today .8. which for the former cursed lands ain't shabby.  Today's rain was luck of shower placement, as I had .3 up until the last line came through.  So I picked up .5 in 30 minutes.   I caught that one, but I can't rely on the last dregs of a front for rain....I got cheated all summer and early fall that way.  I need to get a front that doesn't push back at the bottom because of the freakin' ridge...need 'em walking in standing upright, not all laid over, pouring on the north and leaving me table scraps as it limps off :)  I loved the few days early last week when the line was coming up from the south..equal chances that way.  T

Looks like some rain popped up in the forecast today with the clipper coming through these evening. Most models continue to show a band of precip builiding in N NC and along the VA border north.

Close but not close enough. 850 and up looks supportive of snow to fall but around 900mb and below temps look to be about 5 degrees to warm for anything frozen.. So here is to a cold rainy clipper system(upper 30s to low 40s).

nam-hires_namer_018_sim_reflectivity.gif

I know it won't happen tonight but its going to be close but what about tomorrow night? After the clipper tonight suppose to be back in the 40s tomorrow with low 20s tomorrow night. You will probably be in the upper 20s atleast.

Upper 20s forecasted here for tomorrow night.  On the other hand my forecasted low Sunday morning is 10 degrees above my normal high temperature.

From I-75 I saw a fireball quickly falling from the sky ~30 miles south of Atlanta (probably not real far from Tony's abode) as I was headed toward Atlanta around 8:45-9:00 PM this evening. It didn't seem to be too many miles away, but I guess it could have been deceiving. Is there a meteor shower tonight by any chance?

From I-75 I saw a fireball quickly falling from the sky ~30 miles south of Atlanta (probably not real far from Tony's abode) as I was headed toward Atlanta around 8:45-9:00 PM this evening. It didn't seem to be too many miles away, but I guess it could have been deceiving. Is there a meteor shower tonight by any chance?

There was supposed to be a Wallops rocket launch... but it was canceled?

Archived