Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Discussion Thread

IsentropicLift

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left one out.  This is one example why we should consider our own sub forum.

ISP -1.7

Maybe I'm not as much of a renegade as I thought..

Always that risk when there is no block in place.

If you're staying up to date on all the guidance, the models have almost ALL become drasticallly warmer than they had been for the next ten days. Not only that, you can see on the maps how there is virtually no blocking and I think we're about to lose the PNA. Put that all together and I think it may be difficult to get snow on the ground here anytime soon!

WX/PT

If you're staying up to date on all the guidance, the models have almost ALL become drasticallly warmer than they had been for the next ten days. Not only that, you can see on the maps how there is virtually no blocking and I think we're about to lose the PNA. Put that all together and I think it may be difficult to get snow on the ground here anytime soon!

WX/PT

What a downer. I hope we can get some snow this month at least.

WX/PT

One favorable GFS run and you will likely be back on board...

Today's CPC 6 to 10 and 8 to 14 day outlooks have high probabilities of below normal temps & above normal precip in this area from December 8 - December 16...not saying it insures some snow...but the chance is certainly there...those guys are pretty sharp forecasters.

If you're staying up to date on all the guidance, the models have almost ALL become drasticallly warmer than they had been for the next ten days.

WX/PT

It is a well known GFS bias to over-exaggerate cold in the long range...

Always that risk when there is no block in place.

WX/PT

As long as the -epo stays in place (think cold outbreaks) we will be ok and there will be chances. The epo will trump most other indices such as the PNA or NAO. This is evident by the most recent of cold snaps just last week. With that said, I respectfully disagree with your assessment and add that most will have seen measurable snowfall by the middle of the month prior to a slight relax/reload of the pattern.

Archived