joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Thanksgiving Event

strongwxnc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So disappointing that Fayetteville won't get in on any of this wintry action!  Just an all rain event.  Ugh. I need to move to GSO or AVL or something when I transfer colleges, lol. Congrats to TN though, that is a fantastic looking blob of snow. Even if it doesn't last or accumulate, it's great just to look at. :)

just to report in.... it's been snowing here in Nashville for the past hour and half.... nothing heavy but it has been all snow now rain or sleet mix. Temp has dropped from 43 to 35 degrees during the time as we get some evap cooling. Should switch over to rain as the upper levels warm but wanted to give all my fellow southers east of me an update.

Oh and I'm in Nashville because my adoptedson was just born! So not only am I getting to see it snow I'm a dad now :santa:

Wow thanks for the update and congrats! Can't wait to see pics in the picture thread. I think you will see some more if you stay till Thursday. Looks like a pretty good chance for an inch or two there.

The leading edge of precip just hit and in 30 seconds everything was covered in sleet/snow!!!!!

attachicon.gif1476156_602431989816938_201372436_n.jpg

Temp: 35

DP: 23

Nice!  33.0 (slowly dropping) here dew point 24 with cold rain.  Hoping for a miracle burst of snow to end the evening.  It seems people just north of me have switched.

Nice!  33.0 (slowly dropping) here dew point 24 with cold rain.  Hoping for a miracle burst of snow to end the evening.  It seems people just north of me have switched.

Good deal!  I'm still at 45...well 44.9...since before 4, even with a very stout cad wind blowing. 

Goofy has me at over 3 1/4 so I'm happy as a clam :)   Got to figure 2 is doable, even in the cursed lands.  T

Is it just me or does the 12z NAM look like it has the surface low a good bit further south??

It's just about where it was on the 12z Nam so far.  Rap seems to be doing a great job.  I'd definitely follow that model over the others. :P  It did very well with the last system that gave some mix around my area.

Edit: Not sure if you meant to type 12 or 00z.. I would think 00z?

Oh and I'm in Nashville because my adopted son was just born! So not only am I getting to see it snow I'm a dad now :santa:

That is FANTASTIC...as a friend told me when my daughter was born, "there's nothing like being a daddy." And there isn't. I've only been gone, traveling for work, 2 nights and miss my little girl so much.

Dont count on it bud. 850 temps too warm.

I personally was hoping for a little front end snow.... but no not likely.

850mb.gif?1385432179181

It's just about where it was on the 12z Nam so far. Rap seems to be doing a great job. I'd definitely follow that model over the others. :P It did very well with the last system that gave some mix around my area.

Edit: Not sure if you meant to type 12 or 00z.. I would think 00z?

Northern energy is a good bit sw through 30hrs, into southern MO - northern AR, whereas 12z had it over southern IL, you can already see the influence of that change on the 552dm isohypse over northern MS. Probably not going to change things a whole lot, maybe a more amped storm up the EC, slightly west track adjustment, unsure...

Archived