• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Potential Thanksgiving Event

strongwxnc

It's just about where it was on the 12z Nam so far.  Rap seems to be doing a great job.  I'd definitely follow that model over the others. :P  It did very well with the last system that gave some mix around my area.

Edit: Not sure if you meant to type 12 or 00z.. I would think 00z?

Yeah 0z, been a long day. haha

The back side of this is looking pretty good for a change to snow for the majority of us. Could be cold chasing though.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Northern energy is a good bit sw through 30hrs, into southern MO - northern AR, whereas 12z had it over southern IL, you can already see the influence of that change on the 552dm isohypse over northern MS. Probably not going to change things a whole lot, maybe a more amped storm up the EC, slightly west track adjustment, unsure...

Notice the new SREF is a tad different with the phase deal too.  Hm.  It's a bit slower or something.  Hard to really tell w/ the spc site. ;/

Northern energy is a good bit sw through 30hrs, into southern MO - northern AR, whereas 12z had it over southern IL, you can already see the influence of that change on the 552dm isohypse over northern MS. Probably not going to change things a whole lot, maybe a more amped storm up the EC, slightly west track adjustment, unsure...

That adjustment looks slightly better in regard to backside NC Mtn snows.  If that holds, looks like a quick thump of snow early Wed AM, then upslope snows flying.

just to report in.... it's been snowing here in Nashville for the past hour and half.... nothing heavy but it has been all snow now rain or sleet mix. Temp has dropped from 43 to 35 degrees during the time as we get some evap cooling. Should switch over to rain as the upper levels warm but wanted to give all my fellow southers east of me an update.

Oh and I'm in Nashville because my adopted son was just born! So not only am I getting to see it snow I'm a dad now :santa:

Congrats Amos! This is awesome news  :hug:    

42/15 imby as I patiently wait for the rain to begin  ^_^

Congrats Amos! This is awesome news   :hug:    

42/15 imby as I patiently wait for the rain to begin  ^_^

If it ever finds me, it'll find you soon after :)  Had a light shower and that's it so far.  Steady temps, light variable winds....I stand out there and it looks like somebody ought to be getting rain, lol.  Then I look at the radar, and all that broken cover back in line to the west, and the old dread rears it's head..but no, no way this misses me, lol.  Can it?  Tony

Gainseville, GA, has reported three hours in a row of ZR with 32 and a wet bulb of ~31. The ZR was light for the first two hours but is now getting heavier. With this heavier rain, if the temp. doesn't warm for the rest of the night, the Gainseville area could end up facing significant icing on trees and power lines. We'll see. It is very close. Sometimes heavier rain drags down warmer air or at least warmer rain that is harder to freeze as fast.

In Atlanta metro, all are above 32 although NE Atlanta has just fallen from 34 to 33. However, the wetbulb is near 33. So, it is unlikely it will fall to 32 there as CAA or dynamic cooling would be needed. But it is a close call obviously. I wonder how cold places further north like Roswell and Alpharetta are now. I bet Cumming is close to 32.

Ahens is falling off now and will make it at least to 33 in my opinion.

Thanks for the updates in the ATL area.

Gainseville warmed from 32 to 33 at 4 am, possibly in response to the heavier rain dragging down warmer air. That little rise may save that area from sig. accum. of ice on trees/powerlines.

Athens/KATL have fallen to 34, while Chamblee and Marietta remain at 33 and 34, respectively. So, it would appear the Atlanta area will escape this one. However, I still wonder about Alpharetta and Cumming. 

30 here with freezing rain in asheville, plus nws gsp saying 2 inches of snow and 90 percent chance tomorrow.   :snowing:

hope this is the start of a snowy or at least a couple of good snow storms winter.  imagine what this storm would have been if the setup would have been just a little better.  would have talking about snow in feet not inches if the cold high pressure would have been up around ohio.  we were close, maybe next time.

30 here with freezing rain in asheville, plus nws gsp saying 2 inches of snow and 90 percent chance tomorrow.   :snowing:

hope this is the start of a snowy or at least a couple of good snow storms winter.  imagine what this storm would have been if the setup would have been just a little better.

... and their snow graphic shows .5 for Asheville. So, that graphic doesn't line up to the point and click. (which it never seems to) But, regardless, maybe we will get a few flakes tomorrow.

Thanks for the updates in the ATL area.

Gainseville warmed from 32 to 33 at 4 am, possibly in response to the heavier rain dragging down warmer air. That little rise may save that area from sig. accum. of ice on trees/powerlines.

Athens/KATL have fallen to 34, while Chamblee and Marietta remain at 33 and 34, respectively. So, it would appear the Atlanta area will escape this one. However, I still wonder about Alpharetta and Cumming. 

Go here, zoom in to Atlanta, turn on station markers

Oh yea... the link: http://www.daculaweather.com/current/misc/google-maps-radar/4_google_radar.php

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NASHVILLE TN
501 AM CST TUE NOV 26 2013

...FIRST POTENTIAL EARLY SEASON SNOWFALL ACROSS MIDDLE TENNESSEE
BEGINNING LATE THIS AFTERNOON THROUGH TONIGHT...

.AS A WEATHER SYSTEM MOVES ACROSS THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES TODAY
AND TONIGHT...MOISTURE WILL CONTINUE TO BE USHERED IN ACROSS
MIDDLE TENNESSEE. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO BEGIN TO FALL INTO
THE MIDDLE 30S BY THE LATE AFTERNOON HOURS. A RAIN...SLEET...AND
SNOW MIXTURE IS EXPECTED INITIALLY...CHANGING OVER TO ALL SNOW BY
TONIGHT...WITH THE POTENTIAL OF AROUND ONE INCH OF TOTAL SNOWFALL
ACCUMULATION ACROSS LOCATIONS GENERALLY WEST OF THE CUMBERLAND
PLATEAU REGION. FOR LOCATIONS ACROSS THE CUMBERLAND PLATEAU
REGION...ESPECIALLY THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF THE UPPER
CUMBERLAND...TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO THREE INCHES
WILL BE POSSIBLE. THIS SNOWFALL...MIXING WITH RAIN AND SLEET...
WILL INITIALLY BEGIN TO POTENTIALLY CAUSE PROBLEMS DURING RUSH
HOUR THIS AFTERNOON...AND WILL HAVE IMPACTS TO TRAVEL ACROSS THE
MID STATE THROUGH TONIGHT.

Hey all, not ruffle any feathers but, there is a obs thread to post in. As this is a on going event for some areas. We might want to keep the discussion & obs separate?

http://www.americanwx.com/bb/index.php/topic/41790-pre-thanksgiving-event-obs/

Which of the 100 post are you referring to?

Archived