• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

It's got that little appendage pushing across SNE as if it wants to pop a secondary. Not that it will do us any good, but I'm not sold on warm temps for all of us like it shows.

sort of similar to this past sunday when places like CON held in the 30s for much of the daylight hours with calm winds as some damming set-up. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't trust any guidance since 00z really.  The symphony was playing a kind of song and than rather inharmonious someone hit a wrong note.  The whole structure of the flow has got some continuity issues all of the sudden.  It seems more a mere coincidence that the new paradigm still delivers chilly air masses

Well we've got reason to think it might stay cold

@WXRISKCOM: ***US ENERGY WEATHER ** strong signals from incr Pos SOI ...neg WPO &d neg EPO that DEC 2013= Below Normal Temps eastern half of conus

More like dateline ridging. Me thinks he may be too cold for all of the east. Def a warm risk south of 40N and possibly even some warmer interludes up here.

More like dateline ridging. Me thinks he may be too cold for all of the east. Def a warm risk south of 40N and possibly even some warmer interludes up here.

agree. certainly don't have high confidence for the SE quarter of the lower 48...and if i had to wager right now...i'd say near or slightly above for this region.

I thought it was suppose to stay cold in december for the northeast US because that is what the Euro Weekilies showing aren't they? plus the increase in the SOI.

Well the weeklies were showing increased dateline ridging which then may force a more cold north warm south gradient...but a bit tilted thanks to the SE US ridge. ENSO is still up in the air with no real big signal from that yet...although it seems tropical forcing at least isn't hindering us.

Any lake effect guru's have any thoughts on upcoming potential? Will be visiting the in-laws in Syracuse for Thanksgiving…hoping for a decent enough event Sun/Mon next week to justify packing the sleds on our trip next week. From my rusty eye seems like flow should be good for the Syracuse area to get in on some action. 

Remember the 850 model outputs for today, -5 or so, current analysis has -10 to NH Mass border with -8 into NE CT. Cold

Seems to be performing as expected up here, hopefully it doesn't moderate as quick as the models have tomorrow.

Back above normal for the month at MVL/BTV...we put up a +15 yesterday at MVL and BTV did back to back double digit positives during the mini-torch. Up and down, up and down. Be interesting to see where the month finishes.

Archived