• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November weather dicsussion

ORH_wxman

To each his own and I wouldn't write off an impressive squall or two.

BTV's local snow squall tool on the BTV WRF4 model is pretty robust on Saturday evening. Not sure how it translates down in your area though.

"High temperatures on Saturday will only be in the 30s before an even stronger cold front moves into the Saint Lawrence valley late in the day. Snow squall parameter shows favorable conditions for a band of snow squalls to move into northern New York late in the day and across Vermont during the evening hours. Have continued to highlight scattered to numerous snow showers Saturday afternoon and night. Northwest flow aloft develops Saturday night and brings in the coldest air of the season. The northwest flow aloft will keep the snow showers going in the mountains...but drier air moving in might limit the strength of the snow showers."

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully some flakes will fly Sunday.

More interesting but OT is the event setting up in the SW to Southern plains. Arctic cold on the move. OKC today went from mid 60's to 40f in a cpl hours and W OK was gusting ova 50 in a few spots. Denver was 12 degrees at 5pm.

My son in Omaha Nebraska just called, said it brutal there, ice, snow cold , lol just moved there from Pearl Harbor.

Jeff--can you pm me the way you get your sticker in your signature?  You explained it a couple years ago, and I accidentally took mine out......do you use one of the code or link icons?  I've been doing trial and error but just get the web address in my sig.

Thanks.

Sent you a PM

Thanks everyone.  Just figured it out from Ocean's link. 

Pretty sweet tool I never knew about...

I linked it extensively last year, was awesome during the two major storms, check out the Bukit snow tools too, you also can change ratios , good tool for top of the Mt stuff, one tool I use to estimate snow at ski areas, been pretty good close in.

Archived