joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

denver is genius this time of year.  it's either in the 50s and sunny or it's cold and snowy.  best of both worlds.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=39.737567&lon=-104.98471790000002&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Denver%2C%20CO%2C%20USA#.UpIxLMSsiSo

Denver is like that even in the middle of the winter. What a great place to live, even if it is not snowing in Denver you can drive over the Loveland pass in 30 minutes and see a ton of snow

Denver is like that even in the middle of the winter. What a great place to live, even if it is not snowing in Denver you can drive over the Loveland pass in 30 minutes and see a ton of snow

just don't follow others and park on the side of the road near loveland resort or you'll get towed.  that wasn't very fun.

if denver had a beach nearby i would be living there right now.

Bad day to find out that my washer pipes go out to the attic... where it's cold. Washer not working.

There are some idiotic plumbing codes, at least here in Baltimore county.  I put an addition on the house and we were going to run the upper plumbing through an interior shared wall with the south facing garage, but code (and the inspector) said put it on an exterior north facing wall into the attic.  First time it got to 20 degrees, pipe froze, burst, and water everywhere.  I wasn't home for about 6 hours after it happened but I got really lucky because the broken pipe was two inches over the garage.  Garage ceiling was a mess, but the new addition was dry.  Since then I built an insulated box around all the pipes in the attic and cut a vent into it from the ceiling so that it stays heated.

just don't follow others and park on the side of the road near loveland resort or you'll get towed.  that wasn't very fun.

if denver had a beach nearby i would be living there right now.

I'd move to Denver tomorrow if I could. Tho I'd hate the really cold days.

Outside of this area i like Denver the best of any place in this country. If they had a beach i would be right behind you.

Outside of this area i like Denver the best of any place in this country. If they had a beach i would be right behind you.

the climates are sort of similar in the leeside to mtns idea.  obviously both spots have some extremes the other doesnt.. but mainly lots of sun etc. ;) 

i grew up here...climate-wise, i love it because of the mixed bag, even though loving snow and living here is arguably irrational.  jokes aside, what i don't like about this area is the cost of living, the general attitudes, and the traffic.  it is what it is, i guess.

i grew up here...climate-wise, i love it because of the mixed bag, even though loving snow and living here is arguably irrational.  jokes aside, what i don't like about this area is the cost of living, the general attitudes, and the traffic.  it is what it is, i guess.

Cost of living sucks, being born here i am used to the attitudes. Traffic blows i agree. I am off to watch the Ravens win.

Sign me up for Bozeman, Montana. God damn beautiful, you get a legit winter, lots of outdoor winter activities and good summer weather. A short drive to Yellowstone and a weekend trip to glacier.

Denver is great in that you get such a crazy array of weather......good severe with tors and hail, dry heat, snow in the fall, winter and spring and you are a short drive to some of the best mountain ski resorts and scenery in the country.

Cost of living sucks, being born here i am used to the attitudes. Traffic blows i agree. I am off to watch the Ravens win.

i grew up in the dc area, my cousin lives in canton...i sometimes find i connect better with the vibe there...dc area can be kind of stuffy...though it is nice.  through my travels i don't think i've found a perfect place.  there's positives and negatives everywhere, it's all about what you can tolerate.  

the traffic does blow here.  it's a mess. 

Sign me up for Bozeman, Montana. God damn beautiful, you get a legit winter, lots of outdoor winter activities and good summer weather. A short drive to Yellowstone and a weekend trip to glacier.

Denver is great in that you get such a crazy array of weather......good severe with tors and hail, dry heat, snow in the fall, winter and spring and you are a short drive to some of the best mountain ski resorts and scenery in the country.

never been to montana but heard it's epic

never been to montana but heard it's epic

It is....especially south, west and north of Bozeman. Here's a winter look at whitefish, which isn't too far from glacier in the NW part of the state.

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Montana/northwest/whitefish/images/DSC_0081.jpg

East of billings is mostly rolling hills and badlands esque. Antelope and mule deer are a dime a dozen in that part of the state.

It is....especially south, west and north of Bozeman. Here's a winter look at whitefish, which isn't too far from glacier in the NW part of the state.

http://www.gonorthwest.com/Montana/northwest/whitefish/images/DSC_0081.jpg

East of billings is mostly rolling hills and badlands esque. Antelope and mule deer are a dime a dozen in that part of the state.

yea i would say that backdrop is pretty epic.

Location Min Likely Max 0" T-1" 1-2" 2-4" 4-8" 8-12" 12-18" >18"

Aldie, VA 0 0 1 40% 53% 6% 1% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Ashburn, VA 0 0 1 42% 51% 7% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Dulles Airport (IAD), VA 0 0 1 44% 49% 7% 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Leesburg, VA 0 0 1 40% 53% 6% 1% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Purcellville, VA 0 0 1 34% 57% 8% 1% 0% 0% 0% 0%

I will take a 53% chance of t-1"

What site did you get this information from?

Archived