joxey
November Weather Discussion

moneypitmike

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.09" of rain here. 

33% more than me--congrats???

Clearly there's all sorts of bouncing around going on with regard to next week as would be expected at this point in time.  It's great to have the general agreement that the ingredients are there.  If, how, and where will be fun to watch as we move along.

Meanwhile, enjoyed my 6 hours of not tending to a fire.  Just had to relight them.  Last time fire-free until April???

46.7/41, the 18mph gust I recorded is pretty good for here.

Even though it may be too early to determine the surface high placement as well, the euro shows a banana high over the surface low developing in GA at hour 144.  I think this is a wide right solution, but the parameters are becoming apparent.

You need to have confidence in the Gulf Stream.  :)

Wouldn't be the first time...

Good memories :axe:

attachicon.gifanotherbomb_radar.jpg

Horrible, just horrible.

The cooler air slowly but surely moving east.

46.4/41

post-462-0-09695400-1383850245_thumb.jpg

moonbat euro solution aside, it's interesting that each of the next 3 cold shots seems to have gained some strength on modeling vs a few days ago. tomorrow's, sunday PMs and then Tue / Wed. 

The EPO ridge spiking up temporarily is almost certainly helping with that. That's a pretty good ridge up there right now...before it breaks down, it dumps some serious cold into Canada.

Impressive Euro solution. Given the ridging over the N. Pacific, I could a scenario where a bowling ball vort comes around the base of that trough next week.

That said, ECMWF has a bias of holding energy back in this type of flow, which allows this thing to round the trough and slow down. Not buying that wound up of a solution. If anything I think it'd be somewhat farther south and east.

Just my thoughts after analyzing this pattern this morning.

DT all over this on Facebook... lol, he's going nuts right now.  So much for not fanning any hype.

Kooky kind of guy. All that bashing of JB over the years and he gets his maps from him. Meanwhile 195 sustained and Josh is in its direct path, typhoon Yolanda to the islanders will be tragic

Wouldnt the highly anomalous amplification of the pattern and near record cold forecast to be available argue for potential for a moonbat solution to be less moonbat. I mean not that anyone knows where but this isn't the fin model showing something.

All the models show potential for a cutoff ULL , where it sets up, how the LP translates are days away from becoming feasible. Check back Sunday night. Right now I would say, its gonna get cold and flakes are possible.

Kooky kind of guy. All that bashing of JB over the years and he gets his maps from him.

lol... the funny thing is that yesterday he made this big deal about why there's no chance for that storm to happen.  I don't read all of what he writes but some of these headlines that show up on social media feeds are pretty funny. 

Yesterday:

"WHY THERE IS **NOT *** A MASSIVE CRIPPLING BIG EAST COAST SNOWSTORM COMING NOV 13-14 FOR THE EAST COAST"

Kooky kind of guy. All that bashing of JB over the years and he gets his maps from him. Meanwhile 195 sustained and Josh is in its direct path, typhoon Yolanda to the islanders will be tragic

LOL. good point. 

as to the posting of that stuff, i can't get over the constant need for people to be "first". actually getting something right doesn't even matter anymore. it's weird. i'll occasionally make a public comment on long-range fantasy storms, but try hard to make sure the sarcasm is obvious

All the models show potential for a cutoff ULL , where it sets up, how the LP translates are days away from becoming feasible. Check back Sunday night. Right now I would say, its gonna get cold and flakes are possible.

Yeah that's all you can say at this point.  Flakes should come from some feature or another but whether its just flurries and snow showers or something more organized is what to watch for.  I think regardless, that boundary on Monday into Monday night brings first flakes for a lot of folks.  Also the trajectory of the westerly winds ahead of the boundary seem to entrain some Great Lake moisture that may help the situation, though that may more affect western New England or eastern New York if any lake moisture can make it down I-90. 

FWIW, the UKIMET has a GGEM type solution...more of an overrunning wave transitioning into a coastal further SE. Would be a moderate snow event for SNE from the looks of it.

We essentially have about a 600 mile envelope of solutions on 12z guidance which says all you need to know about forecasting a storm 6+ days out. Does anyone remember the Dec 26-27 event last winter that had a low bombing through Chicago 6 days out? This is what actually happened: http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/2012/us1227.php

One thing that IS becoming more certain is a very anomalous cold shot...likely even more anomalous southwest of here than for us...but even here there could be some records challenged if guidance stays on course with the magnitude.

FWIW, the UKIMET has a GGEM type solution...more of an overrunning wave transitioning into a coastal further SE. Would be a moderate snow event for SNE from the looks of it.

We essentially have about a 600 mile envelope of solutions on 12z guidance which says all you need to know about forecasting a storm 6+ days out. Does anyone remember the Dec 26-27 event last winter that had a low bombing through Chicago 6 days out? This is what actually happened: http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/2012/us1227.php

One thing that IS becoming more certain is a very anomalous cold shot...likely even more anomalous southwest of here than for us...but even here there could be some records challenged if guidance stays on course with the magnitude.

yeah it's sort of lost in the storm talk. 

At least we won"t be discussing much about temps this week though,ha. like Scooter said about time synoptic meteorology is back.

Archived